Lloyd

Default Johnson 4HP

I have bought a boat with a Johnson 4HP outboard as a reserve. I know this
sounds silly but how does the cowling come off. There is a stainless screw
front and back to release the lower half but what about the top. There is a
large phillips screw in the top of the cowling but I didn't want to loosen
that until I was sure. I can't find a number to quote and presume this is
under the cowling?
Thanks

OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM
johnson lower unit help Tom K General 0 March 4th 04 03:12 AM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
Power lift retrofit for 48 HP Johnson? Rural Knight General 0 August 8th 03 07:30 PM
Help...Johnson V4, 140 hp problem Den73740 Cruising 0 July 19th 03 12:55 AM