posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default drink and canoes?

Andrew

Do you fancy a drink on Thursday?

A little more on the canoe project? ....

http://gibboscanoe.blogspot.com/
This shows a guy's notes/photos of how he built his canoe.

_________________________
This is the start of a thread from song of the paddle site that may
interest you - the rest is at
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...ead.php?t=5145

Cheap canadian canoe

I still can not believe how much people pay and how long it takes to
build a boat using stich/tape.I have never built a canadian canoe, built
10 other boats , rowing, pirogue,speed, sailing etc, so i thought i
would have a go. The build took aprox 10 to 12hours using only screws
and poly glue, it looks very cool like a peterborough a bit but with
more curve, cost £20, 2sheets ply, £6 glue,£9 chines/rubrails, £2
screws, £8 varnish.£45 in total. The boat is aprox 34 in wide holds 2
people and with 29in flat bottom very stable.My boats are all flat
bottomed with outside chines,this way to build is for thoes who want to
get on the water quick, father to take son fishing, the daydreamer but
most of all cheap.

I think this is the same boat on Ebay - see pics at
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:uk

Another interesting posting ...

Selway Fisher Peterborough
Maker's Spec

Lenght: 15'7"

Maker's Write Up
The name ‘Peterborough’ was often used to describe any open Canadian
type canoe but more especially those with a lightly rockered hull which
had a moderate beam and some tumblehome. Our example has relatively
narrow waterlines fore and aft to make her quick to paddle and a stable
shallow veed bottom amidships with tumblehome to make her stable with a
narrow beam. We have given her 5 planks per side in order to produce a
well rounded and attractive hull shape which is not difficult to build
using stitch and tape techniques. She will be excellent for lake and
river paddling. She has a length of 15’7’’ (4.76m), beam of 32 1/2’’
(.826m) and a midships depth of 12 1/2’’ (.317m). She uses 4 sheets of
4,5 or 6mm Exterior or Marine plywood and weighs approximately 60 lbs
when made with 4mm ply.

We-no-nah canoes for tripping riverman General 3 February 27th 07 01:24 PM
Two canoes, one sail Yanie General 12 December 3rd 04 12:51 AM
Flying with canoes? Bruce Berman Whitewater 3 November 24th 04 01:25 PM
Flying with canoes? Bruce Berman Whitewater 0 November 24th 04 01:48 AM
canoes wanted John Ernst Touring 4 June 2nd 04 06:53 PM