posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default A canoe called Mary Celeste

We anglers get told there's milliongs of paddlers wanting river access and
if you are out there you certainly aren't computer literate.

Peter wrote:
We anglers get told there's milliongs of paddlers wanting river access and
if you are out there you certainly aren't computer literate.

Or perhaps that they use different avenues of computing than a single
bit of Usenet?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

"Peter" wrote in message ...
We anglers get told there's milliongs of paddlers wanting river access and
if you are out there you certainly aren't computer literate.

If you are a typical example of an angler, then anglers are not
particularly literate and are prone to exaggeration.
But we already knew that.

Paddlers don't use this newsgroup much now. This is due to internal politics
within canoeing making other alternative sites more attractive to those who
wish to control who is permitted to offer an opinion. As Usenet can not be
controlled. the decision was made to move to a message board instead, where
censorship is possible and anglers can hXavXXe the XXpiXXssXX tXakXXen
ouXtXXX ofXXX theXXmX be excluded from the discussions. ;-)

David Kemper
Not a fan of the one that got............

On 3 May, 17:54, "David Kemper" wrote:
Paddlers don't use this newsgroup much now. This is due to internal politics
within canoeing making other alternative sites more attractive to those who
wish to control who is permitted to offer an opinion.

Are you still banging on about this? Still holding yourself up as the
hard done by beacon of democracy in a sea of conspiracy, censorship
and victimisation. What a sad little man you are.

Pretty much *everybody* else left this group because you and your BCU
obsessed wee sidekick made this group unusable. This group was
thriving before you arrived and as good as dead by the time folks
started leaving, and you played a significant part in killing it.

When you and Allan started flooding this group with your petty
ranting, people politeley asked you sto stop. When you didn't, people
got a little more irate, but still you didn't stop. In the end there
was no alternative but to find another forum.

Don't take my word for it though, the evidence is there is the usenet
archives for all to see.

As for the alternative sites, nobody controls who is permitted to
offer an opinion, or at least not as far as I'm aware. Are you barred
from any sites?

See you in another six months, I'm sure you'll still be here whining
on to any passers bye whose eye you manage to catch, like the mad old
jakey in the deserted shopping centre that is UKRBP.

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

As for the alternative sites, nobody controls who is permitted to
offer an opinion, or at least not as far as I'm aware. Are you barred
from any sites?

Can you point me in the direction of alternative sites/forums, I'm
interested mainly in paddle/touring also seems to be 'dead'
Thanks
Wilf

Wilf Williams wrote:
As for the alternative sites, nobody controls who is permitted to
offer an opinion, or at least not as far as I'm aware. Are you barred
from any sites?

Can you point me in the direction of alternative sites/forums, I'm
interested mainly in paddle/touring also seems to be 'dead'
Thanks
Wilf

The ukriversguidebook forums have virtually become the home of the old
uk.RBP newsgroup crowd. If you don't mind a more U.S. dominated forum,
there are a couple of other forums, like the rec.boats.paddle.touring
newsgroup and the http://www.paddling.net/message/ message board.

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe