posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default Bent-shaft canoe paddle source in the UK?

Does anyone know where I can buy a bent-shaft canoe paddle at a low
price, online, in the UK?

TIA,

Al D

Al Deveron wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a bent-shaft canoe paddle at a low
price, online, in the UK?

/Any/ sort of canoe paddle at a low price in the UK is a bit of a tall
order, I'm afraid :-(

(my main paddles came from MEC when I was visiting Canada, and came in
at about half the price of equivalents in the UK)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Al Deveron wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a bent-shaft canoe paddle at a low
price, online, in the UK?

Al, maybe DoubleDutch (former Spiderpaddles, before that they were also
called DoubleDutch) is an option for you? I haven't bought another one
the past two years, but back then they did ship abroad. You do need to
mention the exact size between the two grips though...

http://www.dutchcomposites.com/home/...6%20RETAIL.pdf

Depending upon the model of paddle (rodeo, sea kayak, slalom, whatever),
they cost from 260 euro's upwards for the bent shaft plus two blades. I
guess that's roughly 175 UK pounds.

HTH

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:56:04 +0200, Wilko wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy a bent-shaft canoe paddle at a low
price, online, in the UK?

Al, maybe DoubleDutch (former Spiderpaddles, before that they were also
called DoubleDutch) is an option for you? I haven't bought another one
the past two years, but back then they did ship abroad. You do need to
mention the exact size between the two grips though...

http://www.dutchcomposites.com/home/...6%20RETAIL.pdf

Depending upon the model of paddle (rodeo, sea kayak, slalom, whatever),
they cost from 260 euro's upwards for the bent shaft plus two blades. I
guess that's roughly 175 UK pounds.

HTH

Thanks. Yes they do have a bent-shaft canoe paddle on their list at 69
euros. That's about 45 ukp (plus postage at cost, whatever that might
be). Shame they don't have any pictures and more detailed info.

Al D

Al D

Al Deveron wrote:
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:56:04 +0200, Wilko wrote:

http://www.dutchcomposites.com/home/...6%20RETAIL.pdf

Depending upon the model of paddle (rodeo, sea kayak, slalom, whatever),
they cost from 260 euro's upwards for the bent shaft plus two blades. I
guess that's roughly 175 UK pounds.

HTH

Thanks. Yes they do have a bent-shaft canoe paddle on their list at 69
euros. That's about 45 ukp (plus postage at cost, whatever that might
be). Shame they don't have any pictures and more detailed info.

Al, just send them an email, they should have a lot more pictures...

Also, it might help to ask for experiences with those paddles on the c1
forum at Playak.com:
http://playak.com/index.php?option=c...wcat&catid=106