posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Dave Manby

Default The Times

Saturdays Times has a reply to Thursdays letter complaining about
disturbing the spawning grounds of salmon and trout by the BCU and WCA.
--
Dave Manby
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
peter

Dave Manby wrote:

Saturdays Times has a reply to Thursdays letter complaining about
disturbing the spawning grounds of salmon and trout by the BCU and WCA.

And another:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...015835,00.html

Quote: 'It is wrong to allow canoeists, a vocal minority, to spoil the
peaceful fishing of those whose choice of outdoor sport is limited'

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Lets see, We paddle quietly over spawning fish disturbing nothing and
consuming no resource.
Anglers hook fish and drag them to a horrible slow death that would
outrage Greenpeace or PETA if the creatures could only scream or had
fluffy coats.
These creatures languish in a horrible painfull death that if done to a
human or any mammal would be outrageous and a form of torture.

This buy the way is said in fun because the concept of someone saying
take your ugly canoe out of my sight is outgarous.
I have run afowl of fishermen but as i don't want to be in their quiet
pool any more than they want me there a Hello Excuse me smile and say
sorry and we are all fine, happy and may meet and say "hi" at he local
pub later.
It's just attitude.
Now I an in Newfoundland so I must find an ice field and kill a few
seals.
Again just kidding, They taste greasy and the beggers bite.

High Times Skip Gundlach Cruising 48 January 4th 06 11:12 PM
So where is...................... *JimH* General 186 November 28th 05 03:29 PM
OT--Don't trust the Washington Post and NY Times NOYB General 1 November 17th 05 09:12 PM
Falling behind the times... Skipper General 9 November 1st 05 01:48 PM