Martin Richardson

Default Spraydeck help

So, I have got a second hand Perception Pirouette - looked around the
www and sussed out that it needs a bigdeck spraydeck. So down to the
local dealer - and bought a Yak Kronos - deck size = Big.

However, can I get it to fit? No I cannot. I have pulled and tugged and
sworn and sweated - and the bugger just wont go on, wet or dry. I am
sure if I was a lot stronger it might possibly fit - however, surely,
one does not need to be Charles Atlas to get a spraydeck on.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
--
Martin Richardson
271/284 Munros - 4.5% to go 34/34 'Furths'- 0% to go
MatSav

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:53:54 +0100, Martin Richardson
wrote:

So, I have got a second hand Perception Pirouette - looked around the
www and sussed out that it needs a bigdeck spraydeck. So down to the
local dealer - and bought a Yak Kronos - deck size = Big.

However, can I get it to fit? No I cannot. I have pulled and tugged and
sworn and sweated - and the bugger just wont go on, wet or dry. I am
sure if I was a lot stronger it might possibly fit - however, surely,
one does not need to be Charles Atlas to get a spraydeck on.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I have a Playboater work deck (B) that fits my Pirouette easily -
however, it's a very tight fit on one of my other boats, a Perception
Whiplash.

If you really must ry to get your Yak deck to fit, try soaking it in
warm water, then fitting the deck on your empty boat and leaving it in
place for a week.

--
MatSav

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I would take the boat to the store you bought the spray deck and have
them find a deck that fits it. They likely will give you a credit for
the one that does not fit if they told you it would.
I have a bad experience with a to tight spray deck. IT is scary when
you can't get the dambed thing off.

C Reus

"Martin Richardson" wrote in message
So, I have got a second hand Perception Pirouette - looked around the www
and sussed out that it needs a bigdeck spraydeck. So down to the local
dealer - and bought a Yak Kronos - deck size = Big.

However, can I get it to fit? No I cannot. I have pulled and tugged and
sworn and sweated - and the bugger just wont go on, wet or dry. I am sure
if I was a lot stronger it might possibly fit - however, surely, one does
not need to be Charles Atlas to get a spraydeck on.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
--
Martin Richardson
271/284 Munros - 4.5% to go 34/34 'Furths'- 0% to go
53/89 Donalds - 40% to go 487/1554 Marilyns - 68% to go
376/525 Hewitts - 28% to go (E=178/178; W=137/137; I=61/211)

That's Yak sizing for you I'm afraid ... and don't bother buying their
'universal' ****pit cover either. I found they seem to _just_ fit some of
the contemporary Pyranha ww boats, to come off when you least expect it e.g.
as you approach a blood curdling 45 mph on your local A road.

Martin Richardson

Thanks for the advice. I took my kayak to the dealer - swapped for a
Playboater spraydeck - still a bit tight to put on. However, got it on
and will leave it on for a week to stretch and make it feel at home.