Mark Downing

Default Parking near Putney Bridge

Hi - planning to paddle Thames Tideway and want to put in from Putney
Bridge. Any ideas about legel, safe, convenient parking near the bridge?

Many thanks, Mark

Mark Downing

"Mark Downing" wrote in message
Hi - planning to paddle Thames Tideway and want to put in from Putney
Bridge. Any ideas about legel, safe, convenient parking near the bridge?

Many thanks, Mark

It was straightforward in the end ... outside chandlery to the south of the
bridge.

Conor O'Neill

Mark Downing wrote:
"Mark Downing" wrote in message

Hi - planning to paddle Thames Tideway and want to put in from Putney
Bridge. Any ideas about legel, safe, convenient parking near the bridge?

Many thanks, Mark

It was straightforward in the end ... outside chandlery to the south of the
bridge.

The other day when I saw your message, I composed up a nice message
about how I'd just been paddling in Bath, and explained exactly where
you could park. Then I got confused by the fact that you mentioned the
Tideway. Finally, I realised that you'd said 'Putney' bridge, not
'Pulteney' bridge...

http://www.ukattraction.com/west-cou...ney-bridge.htm

--
Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK
Mark Downing

"Conor O'Neill" wrote in message
. uk...

The other day when I saw your message, I composed up a nice message
about how I'd just been paddling in Bath, and explained exactly where
you could park. Then I got confused by the fact that you mentioned the
Tideway. Finally, I realised that you'd said 'Putney' bridge, not
'Pulteney' bridge...

http://www.ukattraction.com/west-cou...ney-bridge.htm

--
Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK

No probs, most people have heard of Pulteney Bridge, starting point of the
annual Oxford v Cambridge boat race, to Mortlake ... ;-)

Someone tried to convince me only a handful of Gurkhas have ever covered
that stretch, only they weren't going backwards and using their legs - they
were paddling kayaks!

Dave Manby

Careful on where you leave your car if there is a spring tide the car
park floods.

In message , Mark Downing
writes

"Conor O'Neill" wrote in message
.uk...

The other day when I saw your message, I composed up a nice message
about how I'd just been paddling in Bath, and explained exactly where
you could park. Then I got confused by the fact that you mentioned the
Tideway. Finally, I realised that you'd said 'Putney' bridge, not
'Pulteney' bridge...

http://www.ukattraction.com/west-cou...ney-bridge.htm

--
Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK

No probs, most people have heard of Pulteney Bridge, starting point of the
annual Oxford v Cambridge boat race, to Mortlake ... ;-)

Someone tried to convince me only a handful of Gurkhas have ever covered
that stretch, only they weren't going backwards and using their legs - they
were paddling kayaks!

Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at
http://www.dmanby.demon.co.uk

Fears are new bridge may imperil Little Miami status Garrison Hilliard General 0 April 28th 05 12:03 AM
Chesapeake Cruise Harlan Lachman Cruising 51 October 25th 04 01:12 AM
Today's GOOD news! (a little off topic) JohnH General 19 December 22nd 03 07:07 PM
Parking Fees user General 17 November 30th 03 09:23 PM
Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being.... riverman General 47 September 25th 03 12:28 PM