Dave Manby

Careful on where you leave your car if there is a spring tide the car
park floods.

In message , Mark Downing
writes

"Conor O'Neill" wrote in message
.uk...

The other day when I saw your message, I composed up a nice message
about how I'd just been paddling in Bath, and explained exactly where
you could park. Then I got confused by the fact that you mentioned the
Tideway. Finally, I realised that you'd said 'Putney' bridge, not
'Pulteney' bridge...

http://www.ukattraction.com/west-cou...ney-bridge.htm

--
Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK

No probs, most people have heard of Pulteney Bridge, starting point of the
annual Oxford v Cambridge boat race, to Mortlake ... ;-)

Someone tried to convince me only a handful of Gurkhas have ever covered
that stretch, only they weren't going backwards and using their legs - they
were paddling kayaks!

Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at
http://www.dmanby.demon.co.uk