Charlie

Default Daft Beginner Questions!

Bought a boat! Second hand I:3 - £500. It's in brilliant condition, has
been used twice on a lake and has only a few scratches. It fits me
perfectly without padding too!

Charlie.

"Charlie" wrote in message
Started kayaking a few months ago and am now wanting my own boat (I got

the
bug!). I'm a very small paddler (5ft tall and 8st) and have been scouring
the net but need some questions answered. I'd wait and ask the instructor
but won't be seeing him till Thurs, and well, you know, I just need to

know!

I've been looking at these mainly:
Dagger Juice 6.9 and G Ride 6.2. Expensive, but I'm willing to save up.
Worth the money? Good all-rounders?

Have also just been recommended these:
Necky Witch, Necky Chronic and the Liquid Trigger.

I've so far been mainly picking boats I like from their shape, as I've
played around in other peoples boats and am basing them on what's similar!
I've been mainly using Dagger RPM's so far, but they just don't feel quite
right. I'd like a boat that I'm going to grow into and now be bored of in

year. I've been told my balance is excellent, so I'm not too bothered

about
having a slightly unstable boat, just as long as I can control it. I also
want it to be able to do allsorts. Rivers, rapids, surfing, flat water, I
want it all!

Now, can someone sort out some definitions for me please?

Playboating? Is it surfing? That was my impression but I'm not so sure
now!
Keyhole deck? None of them look particularly keyhole shaped to me!
Creeking and River running.

Right, think that's everything until I think of something else! Please

post
any other thoughts you might have. Everything helps! Hoping to get this
boat by September in time for the clubs annual surfing trip!

Many thanks,

Charlie.

--
Contemporary Jewellery Design