riverman

Default Selling a boat

"Howie" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a question about selling a boat.

It's a 17' Old Town Discovery 174 Canadian Kayak. Green.

problem is, I've only used it twice since I bought it 2 years
ago, and I don't know what it's worth, or where to advertise it!
It's in very good condition, - always been stored as instructed.

Can anyone give me a hint? Appreciate it.

H.

Howie: Where have you been with this boat!!?? I spent 2 years searching high
and low for one that I could import to the Baltics from England, but now I'm
gone from there. I am very well acquianted with OT boats (lived right next
door to the factory in Maine for 4 years, and was a guide for many years).
The 17' Discovery is an excellent all-around solo or tandem boat, good
stability and is very good for camping trips as well as day-paddles on lakes
and rivers. I've even taken it into open water for ocean paddling. I'm
curious where you got it.

I can tell you its value, and I think I'll even make an offer on it. I'll be
in Plymouth all this summer, gone for the winter, and back again all next
summer, so I might even be interested in having you store it at your place
for me (if you're willing) so I can use it in the summers.

Email me if you still have it: myronbuck-at- (followed by) yahoo-dot-com

--riverman

Howie

Hi,

I've been here. Where have you been? !

Actually, I do still have it at the moment, although someone is
interested at the moment, at £450.
If you want a look, - you'll have to be quick. First come, first
served etc..
Sorry - can't offer storage.

Regrads,
Howard.
--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howarddot}coakleyatcoakleydot].codotuk
riverman

"Howie" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been here. Where have you been? !

Actually, I do still have it at the moment, although someone is
interested at the moment, at £450.
If you want a look, - you'll have to be quick. First come, first
served etc..
Sorry - can't offer storage.

Regrads,
Howard.

Without storage, I can't buy it, since I live in Congo and transporting it
here would be impossible. But for the record, this boat retails new in the
US for about $1100 US (£620), and delivery costs to the UK are about another
$200 (£112), so NEW, the retail price for your boat is about £700. Used
boats in mint condition go for about 80% of the new price, so the value of
this boat is about £600 in the UK. Unless things have changed, and its
easier to find canoes there. In that case, the resell price is whatever you
can get for it!

--riverman

John-news-group

On Wed, 05 May 2004 09:17:14 +0100, Howie
wrote:

Hello all,

I have a question about selling a boat.

It's a 17' Old Town Discovery 174 Canadian Kayak. Green.

problem is, I've only used it twice since I bought it 2 years
ago, and I don't know what it's worth, or where to advertise it!
It's in very good condition, - always been stored as instructed.

Can anyone give me a hint? Appreciate it.

Hi

I sold one about 2 years ago I would think £400 - £600

You could try ebay

Thank you

John O'Connell

O C Communications