posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
pjbphd

Default Source For Square Buckets for Canoe Storage Needed

When I canoe I store lots of food in five gallon plastic buckets. They are
inexpensive, work well and keep things pretty dry. Unfortunately they are
usually round and it'd be a lot better use of space if I could locate some
square buckets.

I used to get the round buckets from restaurants but now it's easier and
cleaned to buy them at Home Depot or someplace similar. Can anyone tell me
if there is a source for square five gallon plastic buckets?

Thanks

pjb

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Richard Ferguson

I buy kitty litter from Costco in rectangular plastic buckets. The
buckets are reasonably clean, just rinse them out. Know anybody with a cat?

Richard

pjbphd wrote:

When I canoe I store lots of food in five gallon plastic buckets. They are
inexpensive, work well and keep things pretty dry. Unfortunately they are
usually round and it'd be a lot better use of space if I could locate some
square buckets.

I used to get the round buckets from restaurants but now it's easier and
cleaned to buy them at Home Depot or someplace similar. Can anyone tell me
if there is a source for square five gallon plastic buckets?

Thanks

pjb

--
http://www.fergusonsculpture.com
Sculptures in copper and other metals
posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Bill

Short order restaurants get pickles and mayonnaise and some other condiments
in square 5 gallon buckets. Get to know your local restaurant cook or
server, ask for some. I get mine that way, washed even!
Bill

"pjbphd" wrote in message
When I canoe I store lots of food in five gallon plastic buckets. They
are inexpensive, work well and keep things pretty dry. Unfortunately they
are usually round and it'd be a lot better use of space if I could locate
some square buckets.

I used to get the round buckets from restaurants but now it's easier and
cleaned to buy them at Home Depot or someplace similar. Can anyone tell
me if there is a source for square five gallon plastic buckets?

Thanks

pjb

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Grip

mmmmm don't wash em! Nothing like pulling some nice dry polypro from the
pickle bucket and smelling like a dill dude! After all, one wearing of said
polypro and it will smell worse on it's own :-)

"pjbphd" wrote in message
When I canoe I store lots of food in five gallon plastic buckets. They
are inexpensive, work well and keep things pretty dry. Unfortunately

they
are usually round and it'd be a lot better use of space if I could

locate
some square buckets.

I used to get the round buckets from restaurants but now it's easier and
cleaned to buy them at Home Depot or someplace similar. Can anyone tell
me if there is a source for square five gallon plastic buckets?

Thanks

pjb

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email

me
directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Bennet George

A Google search for "square plastic pail" yields about 250,000 results. You
can order them online for about $8 each from companies such as
www.commercial-plastic-supply.com .

Bennet

In article VFfwf.10521$sA3.5191@fed1read02, says...

When I canoe I store lots of food in five gallon plastic buckets. They are
inexpensive, work well and keep things pretty dry. Unfortunately they are
usually round and it'd be a lot better use of space if I could locate some
square buckets.

I used to get the round buckets from restaurants but now it's easier and
cleaned to buy them at Home Depot or someplace similar. Can anyone tell me
if there is a source for square five gallon plastic buckets?

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater

A regional supermarket here in the midwest (meijers in Michigan)sells
generic brand laundry detergent in 5 (or maybe 4) gallon square
buckets... I am guessing you would find others selling bulk detergent
in square buckets like that across the country.

I am guessing the detergent smell would come out pretty quickly with a
good wash-out.

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Don Freeman

wrote in message
ups.com...
A regional supermarket here in the midwest (meijers in Michigan)sells
generic brand laundry detergent in 5 (or maybe 4) gallon square
buckets... I am guessing you would find others selling bulk detergent
in square buckets like that across the country.

I am guessing the detergent smell would come out pretty quickly with a
good wash-out.

If not, I would certainly recommend changing your brand of detergent.

-Don
--
Ever had one of those days where you just felt like:
http://cosmoslair.com/BadDay.html ?

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Lynn Tegrity

Kitty litter comes in buckets that are not equally square but they
aren't round. They might meet your needs for better fit in a canoe. I do
not remember the brand name since my wife found a better brand in
cardboard boxes. The tops of the buckets are well connected to the
buckets and would be hard to lose.

Lynn

"Lynn Tegrity" wrote in message
Kitty litter comes in buckets that are not equally square but they aren't
round. They might meet your needs for better fit in a canoe. I do not
remember the brand name since my wife found a better brand in cardboard
boxes. The tops of the buckets are well connected to the buckets and would
be hard to lose.

This is a good time to mention that rounded corners make a much better seal
then sharp ones.

-Don
--
Ever had one of those days where you just felt like:
http://cosmoslair.com/BadDay.html ?

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Dan Valleskey

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:04:41 -0500, "Grip" wrote:

mmmmm don't wash em! Nothing like pulling some nice dry polypro from the
pickle bucket and smelling like a dill dude!

dill dude??? you are screwed.

sorry, couldn't resist.

-Dan