Patrick, Whit

On 7/23/05 1502, in article
, "NYC XYZ"
wrote:

The local kayak shop doesn't carry these boats and thinks they're not
as good for the money as some Daggers and Neckys...I've always read
good reviews of both, and have actually done well in the Touryak as a
beginner, so what could they possibly be talking about??

Pls. advise -- TIA!

I feel badly for anyone who discounts the Prijon SeaYak or Kodia as "not
good!" They may not be right for every user, but that is a function of fit,
not quality.

We have a Prijon Kodiak and SeaYak that we have USED over the last 4 years
and I can't say anything bad about them.

Prijon's plastic system doesn't deform like other boats do. It is sturdier
than other plastic boats. It stands up better to rocky beach and concrete
seawall landings.

The rudder system is pretty much unbreakable (unless you endo in a 6'
surf... Then anything is breakable, except the hulls!)

The seats are genuinely comfortable and adjustable fore and aft. The thigh
hooks are adjustable. The neoprene/hard plastic hatch cover system is pretty
much bullet proof.

The hull designs provides adequate stability with easy edging for quick
turns. The boats are easily rolled.

Downsides? They are a little heavier than some, but on a par with British
Fiberglass boats. The finish on the plastic is not as glassy as some which
is the nature of the product. They are a little bit spendy when thought of
as "plastic boats."

They are, in reality expedition quality boats. Look at how many have been
used in expeditions in some really gnarly places... Surf landings in
Kamchatka!

I invite you to look at these photos...
http://www.goals.com/coldoceans/photos.asp

Prijon boats are excellent boats. Period.

Whit

hs

Prijon Kodiak and Touryak Good!!