BUB

Default 303 vs. armourall?

I recently read about using amourall as a UV protectant on rubber hatch
covers and on poly-boats instead of 303. Has anyone else heard of this? Any
comments? Suggestions?
Thanks, Bub

Brian Nystrom

BUB wrote:
I recently read about using amourall as a UV protectant on rubber hatch
covers and on poly-boats instead of 303. Has anyone else heard of this? Any
comments? Suggestions?

Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.
wtrplnet

Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

I believe this to be true.

wtrplnet wrote:
Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

I believe this to be true.

I would not touch Latex Gaskets with Armoural. The rubber is sort of
the same and tyre manufacturers apparently don't like Armoural either.
It should be fine for the plastic and it makes it look nice but I would
avoid softer rubbers.
I use 303 when I can get it. It seems OK.
Good Luck.
Alex