BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   303 vs. armourall? (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/45598-303-vs-armourall.html)

BUB June 29th 05 03:55 AM

303 vs. armourall?

I recently read about using amourall as a UV protectant on rubber hatch
covers and on poly-boats instead of 303. Has anyone else heard of this? Any
comments? Suggestions?
Thanks, Bub

Brian Nystrom June 29th 05 12:40 PM

BUB wrote:
I recently read about using amourall as a UV protectant on rubber hatch
covers and on poly-boats instead of 303. Has anyone else heard of this? Any
comments? Suggestions?

Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

wtrplnet June 29th 05 10:45 PM

Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

I believe this to be true.

[email protected] June 30th 05 03:33 AM

wtrplnet wrote:
Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

I believe this to be true.

I would not touch Latex Gaskets with Armoural. The rubber is sort of
the same and tyre manufacturers apparently don't like Armoural either.
It should be fine for the plastic and it makes it look nice but I would
avoid softer rubbers.
I use 303 when I can get it. It seems OK.
Good Luck.
Alex

Brian Nystrom June 30th 05 01:03 PM

wrote:

wtrplnet wrote:

Armorall is crap that can actually cause more damage than it prevents.
On the contrary, 303 works as advertized. Your call.

I believe this to be true.

I would not touch Latex Gaskets with Armoural. The rubber is sort of
the same and tyre manufacturers apparently don't like Armoural either.
It should be fine for the plastic and it makes it look nice but I would
avoid softer rubbers.

It will do long-term damage to vinyl and some other plastics, too.