Cyli

On 6 Apr 2005 04:57:54 -0700, "Tinkerntom" wrote:

(snipped)

. How CBS
chooses such loosers is amazing, unless they are going for the "OH no,
Groan Factor"! TnT

They're going for the great legs on pretty babes and good abs on boy
toys factors gaining watchers, I suppose.

There are few people who could stand being stranded in their own
vehicle on a roadside for overnight. This is one of the unfortunate
things that they were probably counting on when they introduced the
idea of 'Survival' reality shows. Then they got the voting off idea
combined with it. If they had left the voting off to the guides /
trainers / or even the producers / directors, it might have made more
sense. When it comes down to some bubble headed star / starlet
wannabe figuring how she / he can stay on more shows, well, it's
obvious that the really nice or really competent ones have to be
removed, isn't it? The more shows you can stay on, the more producers
/ directors of movies and TV are apt to see you and be impressed by
your body and your smile and your voice. And they don't care if
you're a bubble head. They may approve of it, considering it'll make
you easier to manage. Though I doubt that last part enters the bubble
headed mind.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Tinkerntom

Cyli wrote:
[...]

Your mention of a coracle earlier, reminded me of one show, where they
did not have a boat, and I was screaming at the Tv. You are on an
Island with all kinds of building materials, and you have a big plastic
tarp, make a SOF boat. Obviously they did not hear me. They spent most
of the series swimming to another island, for fresh water.

One program they had an active duty SEAL to start the program, and he
had a pretty good idea how to survive the elements. He only lasted
through the 2nd episode. I figure CBS decided he needed to go, and it
had nothing to do with the voting.

Oh well such is reality TV! TnT