Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mccaldwell

Default Need advice on fixing up 17' Pisces

Recently bought a circa 1985 17' fiberglass Pisces by Current Designs.
I'm interested in fixing it up (fixing/improving for use, not fully
restoring to original condition) and am looking for advised
improvements. The rivited in place clear plastic attachment rings for
rear access hatch (terminology?) have broken off. Are replacements
available and should these be drilled out and re-rivited? The glass
bucket seat slides freely inside glassed in channels on each side. It
looks like there were once small bungee cords running from glass
bulkhead behind seat to attachments in front of seat. Glass channel
coming up at each end. Is West Systems epoxy, or regular resin, with
weighting, a good fix? What is best way to secure seat (mini-cell
foam under seat)? Is there an advised replacement seat system for
comfort, adjustability, etc.? (I have an older Wavesport WW kayak
seat sitting around which will fit inside boat). Front bulkhead is a
piece of 1 1/2" styrofoam caulked in place (presently removed for
repair/cleaning. Is there a better solution for forward bulkhead
(such as 3" minicell w/ rigid layer)? What are advised
cements/glues/caulks for these purposes? Anything else you can tell
me about the Pisces in general will be most appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Advice Wanted Chris Boat Building 0 June 20th 04 12:26 PM
Advice Shrory General 2 February 18th 04 06:50 PM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM
Give me advice! Bareboat charter in Caribbean nick Cruising 18 September 10th 03 11:09 PM
Advice on sailing courses in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia skunk.co.uk Cruising 4 July 26th 03 11:58 AM