Shrory

Default Advice

I am very new to sailing, having taken lessons last year and again this
year, what I am looking for is advice on what would be the best starter boat
priced up to $10K CDN. I will be sailing it on a large lake here in the
Okanagan, will want to spend nights on board with up four people. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Jack Dale

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:56:54 GMT, "Shrory" wrote:

I am very new to sailing, having taken lessons last year and again this
year, what I am looking for is advice on what would be the best starter boat
priced up to $10K CDN. I will be sailing it on a large lake here in the
Okanagan, will want to spend nights on board with up four people. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Take a look at www.yachtworld.com for what might be available in
Washington or BC. You might look at older Catalinas.

Remember you will need a holding tank or porta potti to abide by
no-discharge rules.

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

Matt Colie

Shrory,

First - don't buy a boat this season. Be there other couple that goes
along with the owner.

Find the local clubs and sail with people on their boats (if you bring
refreshments it is a garranttee you will be invited back). Then you can
find out what you do and don't like. You will also be in the group that
knows what is out there and available.

There are frequently real bargins to be made if you are in the group and
so at the right place at the right time (with some money in your hand).

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"
Lifelong Waterman, Licnesed Mariner and Pathological Sailor

Advice Wanted Chris Boat Building 0 June 20th 04 12:26 PM
ON Topic -- Power boat novice seeks advice Jim General 31 April 15th 04 02:22 AM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM
Give me advice! Bareboat charter in Caribbean nick Cruising 18 September 10th 03 11:09 PM
Advice on sailing courses in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia skunk.co.uk Cruising 4 July 26th 03 11:58 AM