John

Default about to buy a new paddle

I have Bending Branches Illusion or maybe Dimension I think. They are
great paddles.

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
After all the shopping around, and comparing price, it looks like
"Bending Branches evening breeze" (cp) from REI. is the best bet. Anyone
have any other ideas? Thank you .

Wade Norton

Dan,

That's a hard call to make online. Paddles are a very personal preference
and any recommendation would depend on your goals in paddling, your size,
your physic, size of your boat, etc, etc.

Wade

"Dan O'Donnell" wrote in message
After all the shopping around, and comparing price, it looks like
"Bending Branches evening breeze" (cp) from REI. is the best bet. Anyone
have any other ideas? Thank you .

Serge

All crap!

I got full carbon paddle to my specs. from Whetstone paddles (kayakstore.com)
for as little as $170. Oval shaft, feather 75deg. and all that.
David J. Van den Branden

I have not been able to get an answer and I am reluctant to order on line
now because of the reports of problems there.

It's really too bad for the company as well as the paddling community. The
paddles, the apparel and gear are really well designed and well made. When
they were up and running, their customer service was top notch. I feel
fortunate that I got what I did when I did.

I think I read that the owner had to take time to deal with an illness or a
death in the family. Speaking from first hand experience, when you have a
business that is quite small and depends upon the full attention of one or
two people, untimely events can really have a devestating impact.

I hope that things do work out for them.

DV

From: (Capt. Sawyer)
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring
Date: 13 Jul 2003 06:44:59 -0700
Subject: about to buy a new paddle

(Serge) wrote in message
. com...
All crap!

I got full carbon paddle to my specs. from Whetstone paddles (kayakstore.com)
for as little as $170. Oval shaft, feather 75deg. and all that.

I have heard numerous reports that Whetstone is either out of busness
or not answering phone/email. paddler ordered but not delivered. Is
this true...Anyone?

Serge

I am saddened by the news.
I got paddels from them last winter and was treated well. They made 2
carbon paddles for me and my wife.They are light (26 oz I think) and
strong.
Same quality is sold locally for $400 or so.
You could order any length, feather ets. and they sold carbon blems
for $150.
They deserveed to stay in buisness.
Joe Galloway

Default try ONNO

David,
Check out ONNO paddles (for reviews see www.paddling.net ). They are about
the same cost at Whetstone. ONNO is a one-man operation, so the owner,
Patrick, is sometimes hard to get a hold of.
I have owned both Whetstone and ONNO blades. I much prefer the ONNO.
The url is http://www.eteamz.com/paddleshop/news/

Best of luck.
Joe

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote in message
I have not been able to get an answer and I am reluctant to order on line
now because of the reports of problems there.

It's really too bad for the company as well as the paddling community.

The
paddles, the apparel and gear are really well designed and well made.

When
they were up and running, their customer service was top notch. I feel
fortunate that I got what I did when I did.

I think I read that the owner had to take time to deal with an illness or

death in the family. Speaking from first hand experience, when you have a
business that is quite small and depends upon the full attention of one or
two people, untimely events can really have a devestating impact.

I hope that things do work out for them.

DV

KayakChris

I have an Onno wing paddle and recommend it without any reservations.
It is lighter than any other paddle I have tried. Patrick was a big
help with selection and his prices are very aggressive as well. I
tried several other wings and none fit me as well as this one.

Chris