David J. Van den Branden

Default about to buy a new paddle

I have not been able to get an answer and I am reluctant to order on line
now because of the reports of problems there.

It's really too bad for the company as well as the paddling community. The
paddles, the apparel and gear are really well designed and well made. When
they were up and running, their customer service was top notch. I feel
fortunate that I got what I did when I did.

I think I read that the owner had to take time to deal with an illness or a
death in the family. Speaking from first hand experience, when you have a
business that is quite small and depends upon the full attention of one or
two people, untimely events can really have a devestating impact.

I hope that things do work out for them.

DV

From: (Capt. Sawyer)
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring
Date: 13 Jul 2003 06:44:59 -0700
Subject: about to buy a new paddle

(Serge) wrote in message
. com...
All crap!

I got full carbon paddle to my specs. from Whetstone paddles (kayakstore.com)
for as little as $170. Oval shaft, feather 75deg. and all that.

I have heard numerous reports that Whetstone is either out of busness
or not answering phone/email. paddler ordered but not delivered. Is
this true...Anyone?