posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships

Default Tall ships Races 2007

Hi all,

anyone here joining the tall ships races?

regards
Matthias

Matthias Heuer wrote:

anyone here joining the tall ships races?

I'm strongly considering sailing as voyage crew on whichever of the TSYT
ships is doing it. I'll be too old next year, so this is my last chance.

Pete

Matthias Heuer wrote:

anyone here joining the tall ships races?

I will probably sail from Denmark to Finland on Skibladner II. I am way too
old to count as one of the youngsters, but luckily the other half of the
crew is allowed to be older.

Don't know if you count Skibladner II as a real tall ship, technically she
is a gaff ketch, but she will be one of the oldest vessels in the race,
being built in 1897.

Some more stuff (mostly in Danish) at http://www.skibladner.dk

Anyone else?

Heikki

Pete Verdon wrote:
Matthias Heuer wrote:

anyone here joining the tall ships races?

I'm strongly considering sailing as voyage crew on whichever of the TSYT
ships is doing it. I'll be too old next year, so this is my last chance.

Actually, it appears that *neither* of the TSYT ships are doing the
Races this year. I have no idea why this is; I assumed one of them
always took part. They are having their own race round the Fastnet
course at some point in the summer, and one of them (can't remember
which) is getting involved in some American Sail Training Association
event, but no Tall Ships' Races :-/

Pete

FS: 1986 "The Tall Ships: Operation Sail" Official Book in Ontario J.R. Sinclair Marketplace 0 December 4th 06 12:43 PM
Basic Racing Query Capt. Rob ASA 4 January 5th 06 09:58 PM
Tall Ships Down - important new book Chris Brady Tall Ships 1 January 23rd 04 09:34 PM
Tall Ships Down - important new book Chris Brady General 0 January 6th 04 07:36 PM