Hal Mueller

Default web page announcement: live tracking of tall ship positions

The page at http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/tallships.phtml shows a
world map, with current or recent positions of tall ships.

It uses the shipboard weather reports that many tall ships submit to
the WMO.

At the moment these ships are represented:
Asgard II, Kaiwo Maru, Lord Nelson, Soren Larsen, Stavros S. Niarchos,
Stad Amsterdam, Young Endeavour, Pride of Baltimore II, Prince
William.

I also have the search information for Akogare, Alexander von Humboldt, Bluenose II,
one of the Bounty replicas, Concordia, Corwith Cramer, Endeavour,
Esmeralda, Europa, Gazela of Philadelphia, Harvey
Gamage, Hawaiian Chieftain, Lady Washington, Lettie G. Howard, Nippon
Maru II, Ocean Spirit of Moray, Rainbow Warrior, Robert C. Seamans,
Spirit of Massachusetts, Tenacious, Eagle, Westward, and Zodiac. But
these ships have not been submitting weather reports, so are not in
the system.

If you're aware of other ships that should be listed, please send me
ship name, ship callsign, and ship website (if available). The
tedious part of this is determining the ship's callsign. I know of
many rosters of ship names, but I just don't have the time to track
down the callsign for each one--so if you want to watch your favorite
ship sailing around the globe, it's up to you to send me the info
(whether you're an alumnus, crew, or owner).

Hal
--
Hal Mueller Get MapTap for PalmOS!
Seattle, Washington http://www.mobilegeographics.com/maptap/
Paul

"Hal Mueller" wrote in message
[...]

What a great idea, I sailed on the Eye of the Wind (Boston to Liverpool 1992) and would
like to see just where in the world she is. I have the website
http://www.eyeofthewind.freeserve.co.uk

Good luck

Paul Lunnon

Hal Mueller

In article ,
Paul wrote:
What a great idea, I sailed on the Eye of the Wind (Boston to Liverpool 1992) and would
like to see just where in the world she is. I have the website
http://www.eyeofthewind.freeserve.co.uk

I've added a deep link to the news page in that site, which has way
so much animation it's barely usable. I don't know about that
callsign though (GWAK, British license) since it appears she may no
longer be British flagged. I'll send a note to the ship's office and
ask them, but if anyone has firsthand knowledge I would appreciate
hearing from you.