basskisser

Default Dutch tall ship causes acute embarrassment

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...
"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"Jeff Morris" wrote in message

The acute embarrassment the children felt was due to the stupidity of the
guides, not the figurehead.

Gotta love tolerance and respect for those with different views...
Typical of the arrogance of the intolerant.

You may be right. After all, breasts were not intended for children.

Haahaa!!! That's a GOOD one!!
Lou van Wijhe

"Martin Wefald" schreef in bericht

I guess Dr. Laura has nothing against a bare tit.

Make it two.
--
Lou van Wijhe

AntiSpam: Om me te mailen, plaats een punt tussen "van" en "wijhe"
AntiSpam: For mailing me put a full stop between "van" and "wijhe"

Backyard Renegade

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...
So are you claiming that statues, figureheads, and other artwork should be
covered because you find it offensive?

Not at all, if I don't like it, I can turn away... Just don't need
some arrogant europeon making snide remarks if I choose to turn away.
Is that so hard to understand. Read the comment that brought me into
this thread, I never said I personally had a problem with the tit, you
seem to want not to address that which I have made clear earlier.
Either way, it is a arrogant snob from some probably spineless or
failed country telling me how to run my life and turning a thread
about, well, er, nothing, into a political rant about my president and
my country, heck, the little bitch probably never even been here..
Geeze, get your heads out of your asses, I won't bother with you
anymore.

I find this amusing because on Sunday I took my 8 year old daughter to a
performance of the Shanghai Circus at Boston's Symphony Hall. My daughter and
her friend giggled a bit when they noticed the nude statues, male and female,
that line the walls, but otherwise paid little attention to them.

Are you claiming that the statues should be clothed? Would you walk out if you
went there for a performance? Do you want your children's teachers to tell them
that such things are offensive and should be avoided? Frankly, reading your
posts I have no idea what you are saying, except you seem offended by something.

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message Irrelevant,
but I guess you sounded good to yourself. Like I said,
snide remarks from those who would tell me how to raise my children...
Never said I was against the tit, my girls all know what tits are...
Pay close attention here Jeffie... I don't want others telling me how
to raise my childeren any more than you want me telling you who to
sleep with...

Donal

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"Donal" wrote in message

Europeans are surprised by the American reaction to a wooden tit. You
either react with horror, or you vote it into the office of President!

As our sons and daughters fight around the world to save your coward
asses, you all sit around worrying about who gets to see a wooden tit!

Why don't you tell the families of 200 dead Spaniards about your sons'
glorious efforts to make the world a safer place? Do think that you would
have the courage to explain it to one family? A six year old girl was taken
to school by her mother. The mother boarded a train. Six hours later, the
girl was picked up by her father.

Would you have the courage to face that little girl and explain that your
sons and daughters are making the world a safer place? I think that she
would scream and cry - and her father would probably spit on you.

Civil liberties are being eroded across the "free" world as a result of
Bush's inability to differentiate between a religious fanatic (bin Laden),
and a despotic *secular* leader (Saddam).

Regards

Donal

Harry Krause

[...]

Geroge W. Bush is the greatest recruiter for terrorism the world has
ever seen.
Paul Schilter

Jake,
I don't recommend that people get married these days until at least 25
let alone have children before. But I find it interesting that in reading a
lot of books about American Indian culture, when a girl had her first period
she was considered a woman and frequently married and had kids. Perhaps they
were a lot more mature for their time and place.
Paul

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jake

I agree. The maturity level of the two generations you describe is vastly
different. Considering that one of the most difficult choices children in
their early teens have these days is what video game to play, I think it
would be comparing apples and oranges to the children of days past.
Besides, the average lifespan in those days was 30-35 years. A 13-15 year
old girl could be considered middle-age...!!!

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jeff Morris

In a variety of cultures where marriages were arranged, it was not uncommon for
the bride to 11 or 12 years old, or even younger. This, however, didn't mean
she was ready to become a fulltime housewife. I've heard descriptions of the
village "child-brides" playing the same games they played before marriage. Of
course, I'm sure things went downhill after they started having children.

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jørgen Andreas Bangor

Jeff Morris:

| In a variety of cultures where marriages were arranged, it was not
| uncommon for the bride to 11 or 12 years old, or even younger. This,
| however, didn't mean she was ready to become a fulltime housewife.
| I've heard descriptions of the village "child-brides" playing the same
| games they played before marriage. Of course, I'm sure things went
| downhill after they started having children.

Yeah... imagine playing hide-and-seek with a toddler following you
everywhere.

BTW, just to get this slightly on-topic again, I remember a story
about a British tall-ship being sold to Norway about a hundred
years ago. The new owners wanted to name her after a politician
(who was male, of course, as they usually were at that time). The
owners' representative in England checked the ship, and sent them
a telegram: "Name wrong. Lady in front."

Jørgen