Terence Lynock MSW

Default Tovarisch

Anyone have any news on the sail traing ship Tovarisch? is she/will she
ever go back into service?,

regards, Terry

P.S looking for photos or anything else on the Bordes owned four masted
barque L'Loire broken up 1926 or thereabouts, not much in Villiers 'The
Bounty Ships of France'.
Jan Gelbrich

"Terence Lynock MSW" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Anyone have any news on the sail traing ship Tovarisch? is she/will she
ever go back into service?,

regards, Terry

P.S looking for photos or anything else on the Bordes owned four masted
barque L'Loire broken up 1926 or thereabouts, not much in Villiers 'The
Bounty Ships of France'.

I heard some roumors that the Tovarishtsh will come back under German flag
again,
because Ukraine has no money left to run the ship longer in its service ...
I said "back",
because the ship was the Gorch Fock I before WW2, and was taken and renamed
by the USSR
after WW2; and she looks very much alike the Gorch Fock (II) ... anyway, a
very beautiful vessel
that really deserves to be maintained for future generations.

P.S.: use Google.de for searching for photos or any other info

Greetings from Germany
Jan

Terence Lynock MSW

Hi Jan,

I heard some roumors that the Tovarishtsh will come back under German flag
again,
that really deserves to be maintained for future generations.

P.S.: use Google.de for searching for photos or any other info

I really hope that she can be brought back into service especially if
she returns to Germany because she has been away too long, it says much
for her design and construction that she has survived along with a
number of her sisters for so long especially in Russian hands, we saw
her when she was impounded in the north of England and she looked very
sorry for herself, it will be good to see her back in the Cutty Sark
Tall Ships race again,

Greetings from Germany

And greetings form the U.K,
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Lynock MSW View Post
Anyone have any news on the sail traing ship Tovarisch? is she/will she
ever go back into service?,

regards, Terry

P.S looking for photos or anything else on the Bordes owned four masted
barque L'Loire broken up 1926 or thereabouts, not much in Villiers 'The
Bounty Ships of France'.
Is the sail training ship Tovarishch, in the Toll Ship group the original or is is a replica? My father was a captain on the original in 1924.