Default Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

Attached Thumbnails
Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival-p1010100.jpg

Nice looking ship...good shots of her Cap'n!

Paul

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
news
Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

Thanks much, but I can't claim credit for them. I was busy directing the
"Pirate Invasion" scenario. We had a whole show written for the Port
Washington Pirate Festival that wound up to a cannon battle between the town
garrison and the "pirate ship." There is actually a mix of 2006 and 2007 in
there, I realized. Captain Bob Marthai had her rigged with fore-and-aft
sails in 2006 and in 2007 he had her rigged as brigantine with the foremast
set with square sails. I think that's how she looks best. There was a
heavy fog in 2007 and there are other photos of her looking very "ghosty" in
many shots.

Here are some great shots of the festival in 2006:
http://bounding.wohlershome.net/gall...bum80/album05/

Here are some fun and foggy shots of the festival in 2007:
http://bounding.wohlershome.net/gall...bum79/album60/

Port Washington is embracing its maritime heritage. The Maritime Heritage
festival is on a 5-year plan to become a focal maritime event on the great
lakes. They're planning on bringing in at least five ships every year and
have maritime entertainment by Bounding Main (http://www.boundingmain.com)
and other maritime-themed groups. Our trip to Bremen in August takes us out
of this year's show, unfortunately, but we're all over the next four years!

Dean (aka "Cap'n Jake")

"Paul McGrane" wrote in message
Nice looking ship...good shots of her Cap'n!

Paul

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
news
Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Paul

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
[...]

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
news
Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

.......and a lot of work!

Peter C

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
[...]

"Cap'n Jake" wrote in message
news Windy II at 2007 Port Washington Pirate Festival

A very smart man said "Do what you love and you'll never "work" again a day
in your life."

This weekend's Pirate Festival was a gas, albeit, filled with lousy weather
that cancelled a bunch of shows. There are some decent pics he

http://bounding.wohlershome.net/gall.../PortPirate08/

Better pictures of the Windy will follow. As will a story of the
disposition of Capt. Bob Marthai's two tall ships - a bittersweet story.

Dean

"Peter C" wrote in message
......and a lot of work!

Peter C