Default How green is Holland 3

Attached Thumbnails
How green is Holland 3-green03.jpg

Looks like it's going to get smelly within a few weeks. Usually if it get's
thicker, the fish will die.

Thanx for sharing Willem!

JEroen

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:47:41 -0500, Willem Van der Voort wrote
(in article ):

All that algae reminds me of a time when a rather heavy set friend of mine
was water skiing behind a boat I was driving. We went through a patch of
undisturbed algae that looked like green paint. He fell. When he came up for
air, he was GREEN.

And then he got a nosebleed...

):-Q

--

Vlad & Genny Kedrovsky
Edina, Minnesota, USA

"Jeroen Noot" schreef in bericht
3.133...
Looks like it's going to get smelly within a few weeks. Usually if it
get's
thicker, the fish will die.

Correct, it takes the oxygen out of the water.

"Vlad" schreef in bericht
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:47:41 -0500, Willem Van der Voort wrote
(in article ):

All that algae reminds me of a time when a rather heavy set friend of mine
was water skiing behind a boat I was driving. We went through a patch of
undisturbed algae that looked like green paint. He fell. When he came up
for
air, he was GREEN.

And then he got a nosebleed...

O my God...... Indeed it is very colorful, I believe the Dutch made the
green paint from it. They paint theyr wooden houses green in the old days,
you can still see them in Holland, specially at the Zaanse Schans, a
industrial area with more than thousand windmills to power the machines in
those days.

The Zaanse Schans is a delightful old hamlet on the banks of the river Zaan
with characteristic green wooden houses, charming styalised gardens, small
hump-backed bridges, tradesmen's workshops, historic windmills and engaging
little shops. This enchanting hamlet gives an excellent impression of how a
typical Zaanse village must have looked like in the seventeenth and
eighteenth centuries. Apart from the cluster of windmills and houses there
are also several museums, restaurants and a visitors' centre to be found as
well as the possibility of taking a boat trip on the river. The Zaanse
Schans has become one of the top tourist destinations in the Netherlands.

Attached Thumbnails
How green is Holland 3-zaanse_schans.jpg

"Willem Van der Voort" schreef in
bericht newsrfGi.169870

O my God...... Indeed it is very colorful, I believe the Dutch made the
green paint from it. They paint theyr wooden houses green in the old days,
you can still see them in Holland, specially at the Zaanse Schans, a
industrial area with more than thousand windmills to power the machines in
those days.

I've been their Wilem and its very interesting, however I never heard we
were making green paint out of that green stuff.
I want to know so I'll try to Google on it;-)

The Zaanse Schans is a delightful old hamlet on the banks of the river
Zaan
with characteristic green wooden houses, charming styalised gardens, small
hump-backed bridges, tradesmen's workshops, historic windmills and
engaging
little shops. This enchanting hamlet gives an excellent impression of how
typical Zaanse village must have looked like in the seventeenth and
eighteenth centuries. Apart from the cluster of windmills and houses there
are also several museums, restaurants and a visitors' centre to be found
as
well as the possibility of taking a boat trip on the river. The Zaanse
Schans has become one of the top tourist destinations in the Netherlands.

Indeed we have a small country, but very special;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Bouler" schreef in bericht

"Willem Van der Voort" schreef in
bericht newsrfGi.169870

O my God...... Indeed it is very colorful, I believe the Dutch made the
green paint from it. They paint theyr wooden houses green in the old
days,
you can still see them in Holland, specially at the Zaanse Schans, a
industrial area with more than thousand windmills to power the machines
in
those days.

I've been their Wilem and its very interesting, however I never heard we
were making green paint out of that green stuff.
I want to know so I'll try to Google on it;-)

Yes you are right Bouler, I also found noting that indicate the green paint
is fabricated from KROOS.

Here a website explaining al those wonderful green colors found in Holland.

http://www.schildersblad.nl/artikelen/show.asp?id=472

"Willem Van der Voort" schreef in
bericht news:JAlGi.181504

O my God...... Indeed it is very colorful, I believe the Dutch made the
green paint from it. They paint theyr wooden houses green in the old
days,
you can still see them in Holland, specially at the Zaanse Schans, a
industrial area with more than thousand windmills to power the machines
in
those days.

I've been their Wilem and its very interesting, however I never heard we
were making green paint out of that green stuff.
I want to know so I'll try to Google on it;-)

Yes you are right Bouler, I also found noting that indicate the green
paint is fabricated from KROOS.

Here a website explaining al those wonderful green colors found in
Holland.

http://www.schildersblad.nl/artikelen/show.asp?id=472

Thanks for the link.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

[IMG] code is On

How green is Holland 1 Willem Van der Voort Tall Ship Photos 0 September 12th 07 04:47 PM
Little Green Footballs JimH General 0 September 27th 06 09:58 PM
Gandalf the Green is OK G&G Cruising 0 December 30th 04 09:40 PM
Gandalf the Green Tom R. Cruising 1 December 30th 04 01:06 PM
Completely green Chris Herring General 4 July 14th 03 04:05 PM