Chris Herring

Default Completely green

I have a boat sitting in my driveway that sort of came with the house when I
bought it a year ago. I am getting ready to sell the boat, as I have
discovered that I don't have time to play with it (the house is keeping me
busy). Anyway, I am completely and totally clueless about boats, and I have
a really simple (embarrassingly simple) question.
The boat is a 20' Citation with a Mercruiser 140hp Inboard/Outdrive. I
understand that I need to rotate the "outdrive" part up in order to move
(tow) the boat. But I cannot figure out how to do this. Is it a manual
thing, or an electric/hydraulic thing?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Herring

OK.. Aahh. Throttle has a two-way momentary switch "deal" on the end of the
handle. This must be it. Does engine need to be running, or not running, or
does it not matter?

Thanks

Chris

"Lu Powell" wrote in message
[...]

Nancy

Engine should not be running unless you know exactly how to connect up water
to it. If the battery is dead, (if it's been sitting a long time, it
certainly may be), you would need to connect up a fresh battery.

"Lu Powell" wrote in message
[...]

Bruce

Keep the engine off. Hook a hot battery to it and hit the switch up. You
will hear a hydraulic pump kick on. go to the back of the boat and check its
progress, raise it just enough to clear the road and speed bumps/dips in the
road. DONOT start that motor without water, and since it has been sitting a
year i would be afraid to start it without a marine mechanic looking at it
to makesure nothing cracked in the winter.

--
Bruce
99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac