Default From American Schooner page - BrunswickMaid03.jpg (0/1)

I thought someone might enjoy the lines of this beauty.

The following copied and pasted from their page.

There is a sardine carrier in Blacks Harbour with schooner lines that
was built by George E. Richardson in Richardsonville, Deer Island, NB
circa 1920. The "Brunswick Maid" is 78 feet long, 16 feet wide, and
draws 7 feet of water. It has a 671 Detroit diesel with an Allison
clutch. It is the last completed vessel that came out of that boat
shop before they closed the doors. That boat shop built schooners
(such as the "Page" and "Alama Connors") and "pinkys" that sailed all
over the world. The "Brunswick Maid" is the last surviving boat that
George E. Richardson built.

I almost bought it four years ago, but due to the cost of purchasing
it and maintaining a vessel of that size I was unable to afford it.
One could now purchase this boat for very little as "Connors Bros."
are selling off their older wooden boats. (I since have purchased the
50 ft. carrier "Hilbert M," circa 1912.)

A few older boatmen from here who have since passed away claimed
George E. Richardson was the original designer of the Lunenbug built
schooner "Bluenose" not Roue. Whether this is true or not I guess does
not matter. What does matter however is the fact that a very fine boat
with lovely lines may soon fall victim to the chain saw if an
interested party is not soon found. She has double sawn cedar timbers
(original) and Douglas fir planking. The "Maid" was rigged with sails
but built as a power boat.

The current owners are Connors Brothers Sardine Co. in Blacks Harbour,
NB, Canada. Phone (506) 456-3391 and ask for Tony Hooper.

Sincerely,
Vaughn Lambert

PS- As I recall, she left almost no wake while under power and was one
of the fastest craft in the fleet. Only 10 or so wooden carriers are
left in the Bay of Fundy

"joevan" schreef in bericht

I thought someone might enjoy the lines of this beauty.

Ships belong into the water to see their real beauty;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)