Default 1951 tugboat

Anyone got a spare 20,000 bucks. And then a bit more than that to keep
it I reckon.

http://tinyurl.com/2b8kt6

"joevan" wrote in message
Anyone got a spare 20,000 bucks. And then a bit more than that to keep
it I reckon.

http://tinyurl.com/2b8kt6

I've always wanted a tugboat.

Mark

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:43:33 GMT, joevan
wrote:

Anyone got a spare 20,000 bucks. And then a bit more than that to keep
it I reckon.

http://tinyurl.com/2b8kt6

That tug ia as old as me ! Hope she does`nt get scrapped .

Great year 1951 .

wrote:

Anyone got a spare 20,000 bucks. And then a bit more than that to keep
it I reckon.

http://tinyurl.com/2b8kt6

That tug ia as old as me ! Hope she does`nt get scrapped .

Great year 1951 .

Lee....1956 was a better year.

A new tugboat costs several million dollars. In the mid 1980's when I sailed
on a tugs, it wasn't worth starting your tug for less than 5k a day.

I think this tug is a steal for 20k and I'd love to have it. This would make
a great home.

I'm dreaming,

Mark

In the mid 1980's when I sailed on a tugs,
it wasn't worth starting your tug for less than 5k a day.

So curious question for the group.

What does it cost for some of these different types of boats to operate.

Any idea what an ocean going tug or harbour tub, or water taxi, or
barge, blah blah blah... costs to operate.

For example Mark says that it wasn't worth while to start the engines
for five thousand a day.

Okay Mark.... where did you work. How big was the boat. What sort of
jobs would it do in a day that would earn that five thousand.

What did it cost to do particular jobs.

I've always been interested in how much a tug charge to push a ship
that last twenty feet.

Tell us a bit about the day in the life of a tuggy.

I'll bet there are a few here who would like to hear your story.

"shiver" wrote in message

In the mid 1980's when I sailed on a tugs,
it wasn't worth starting your tug for less than 5k a day.

So curious question for the group.

What does it cost for some of these different types of boats to operate.

Any idea what an ocean going tug or harbour tub, or water taxi, or
barge, blah blah blah... costs to operate.

For example Mark says that it wasn't worth while to start the engines
for five thousand a day.

Okay Mark.... where did you work. How big was the boat. What sort of
jobs would it do in a day that would earn that five thousand.

What did it cost to do particular jobs.

I've always been interested in how much a tug charge to push a ship
that last twenty feet.

Tell us a bit about the day in the life of a tuggy.

I'll bet there are a few here who would like to hear your story.

I worked for Otto Candies for two years. I towed cargo to South America and
moved oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. I lived in Maine and was paid Gulf
Coast wages and realized I couldn't afford my dream job. I think my tug was
132 feet by 32 feet

Now, I have no idea how much tugs get per day. A product carrier which
carries 300k barrels charges 30k-40k a day. A Panamax sized crude oil
carrier gets 50k-80k a day.

The last twenty feet will cost you around $20,000.

Sometimes, life on a sea going tug boat was worse than jail and we had a
huge moat to deal with. When it was rough, you can't cook, you can't take a
shower and you can't stand up to take a leak. We worked 6 hours on, 6 hours
off, but we were always working. When it was rough, I'd get tired from just
hanging on. I slept good when it was rough. There was no TV reception and we
all read a lot of books.

Now that my kids are grown up and my wife is sick and tired of me, I'd go
back to sea in a heartbeat.

By the way I've never been in jail.

Mark

MWB wrote:

I'd go back to sea in a heartbeat.

Interesting comments about the industry.

Thanks for sharing.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:46:54 GMT, shiver
wrote:

MWB wrote:

I'd go back to sea in a heartbeat.

Interesting comments about the industry.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, thanks for sharing your memories, Mark.

"shiver" wrote in message
MWB wrote:

I'd go back to sea in a heartbeat.

Interesting comments about the industry.

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome, I could go on for hours and hours.

Mark

wrote:

MWB wrote:

I'd go back to sea in a heartbeat.

Interesting comments about the industry.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, thanks for sharing your memories, Mark.

Thanks Joevan.

If you ever go to Owls Head please let me know.

Mark

[IMG] code is On

Sailboat vs Tugboat Scotty ASA 7 May 18th 07 01:36 AM
Hey, Katy, how about a tugboat ride? jlrogers±³© ASA 2 January 21st 07 07:08 PM
WTB: Tug, tugboat in U.S.A. paulett loofboro Marketplace 0 December 23rd 06 01:46 PM
Grand Old Tugboat Still Alive *JimH* General 4 October 22nd 05 04:20 PM
Tugboat Captains not only ignorant of COLREGs Milos Forman ASA 6 December 16th 03 04:43 PM