Default Tuna Derby Galilee RI 1959 a

Some photos found online.
When I was a kid, The North Atlantic Tuna Tournament was held in Galilee
RI. It was the "Tuna Capital of the World" We would go out in the
morning and watch all the boats head out and in the evening they would
bring in their catch and hang them up on a big scale just to the right
of the crowd in the background. It was a big event!

Attached Thumbnails
Tuna Derby Galilee RI 1959 a-tunaderbygalileeri1959a.jpg

On Sat, 26 May 2018 08:06:07 -0400, Paul McGrane
wrote:

Some photos found online.
When I was a kid, The North Atlantic Tuna Tournament was held in Galilee
RI. It was the "Tuna Capital of the World" We would go out in the
morning and watch all the boats head out and in the evening they would
bring in their catch and hang them up on a big scale just to the right
of the crowd in the background. It was a big event!

Classics!

[IMG] code is On

US - Hot Tuna Bob_R[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 2 March 12th 16 01:09 AM
The Derby... Keyser Söze General 76 April 3rd 15 01:30 AM
Can tuna sue? F*O*A*D General 5 March 26th 14 01:02 AM
Speaking of tuna... Short Wave Sportfishing General 15 August 28th 07 09:41 PM
Dining: St. Michaels, MD v. Derby, KS BOB General 3 September 18th 03 10:18 PM