Default US - Ugly Duck 2017-07-17

Ugly Duck (under tow by Kingfisher) eastbound exiting Cape Cod Canal.
Like Kingfisher, she has some unusual gear. I wonder if the two boats work
in tandem?

Attached Thumbnails
US - Ugly Duck 2017-07-17-ugly_duck.jpg

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Ugly Duck (under tow by Kingfisher) eastbound exiting Cape Cod Canal.
Like Kingfisher, she has some unusual gear. I wonder if the two boats
work in tandem?

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D30EFE.C365FF40

Attachment decoded: Ugly_Duck.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D30EFE.C365FF40--

could be, they appear to be or were owned by the same person or corp.
with the same address.

Attached Thumbnails
US - Ugly Duck 2017-07-17-kingfisher-ugly-duck-item.jpg

"Bob_R" wrote in
:

Ugly Duck (under tow by Kingfisher) eastbound exiting Cape Cod Canal.
Like Kingfisher, she has some unusual gear. I wonder if the two boats
work in tandem?

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D30EFE.C365FF40

Attachment decoded: Ugly_Duck.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D30EFE.C365FF40--

Hummmm.
seems to have been some discussion about the Ugly Duck and the "Lakeman
Brothers" several years ago..

http://www.thehulltruth.com/northeas...-saco-bay.html

On 8/6/2017 9:55 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Ugly Duck (under tow by Kingfisher) eastbound exiting Cape Cod Canal.
Like Kingfisher, she has some unusual gear. I wonder if the two boats
work in tandem?

They probably work together, running a net around a school of bait fish
then close the net in, smaller and smaller. The Kingfisher might suck
the bait up and dump them into the hold. That basket attached to the
black boom might be for scooping out bigger fish caught up in the net.
Just a guess from watching trap boats fish in Narragansett Bay.

Paul

[IMG] code is On

Ping: Duck Vic Smith General 2 May 8th 09 07:59 PM
BE - Duck PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 0 April 11th 09 09:01 AM
BE - Duck PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 2 October 3rd 07 06:00 PM
OT Duck, duck....goosed! JimH General 1 January 30th 06 03:21 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM