Default Ship - TIMCA 1-10.jpg

The Timca and her sister ships are some of the few that come through my area on what must be a repeat company
schedule .Seen in between the snow storms of the winter .

Canon 40D , Canon 24-105 f4

Attached Thumbnails
Ship - TIMCA  1-10.jpg-ship-timca-1-10.jpg

Nice shot Lee.

That cargo ship is made to take some seas. Is there a papermill in the
area???

The mildest winter I've ever seen. Sadly, all those storms went out to sea
to the south of Maine. I bought my house in 1987 and this is the first time
I didn't have to shovel the roof.

We need the snow to play in.

Mark

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 19:56:54 -0500, "MWB" wrote:

Nice shot Lee.

That cargo ship is made to take some seas. Is there a papermill in the
area???

The mildest winter I've ever seen. Sadly, all those storms went out to sea
to the south of Maine. I bought my house in 1987 and this is the first time
I didn't have to shovel the roof.

We need the snow to play in.

Mark

Thanks Mark ,

I can't say for sure what she hauls , there is large ramp on the stern so we can assume
that RO-RO is part of it .

As far as snow , we had 87" so far this year .A normal winter sees a max of 24" .
Last year we had about 6" total . I guess we got your Maine share this season .

I overhauled my old Gilsen 2 cycle engine snow blower last summer , so I was "ready " !!
She got a real work out blowing snow...........and so did I .

I'll post a set of what it was like here in January .

BTW , I like the pics you are taking with that new lens . Good choice .

Lee

Canal Lee wrote in message
[...]

LOL....you have a Gilson. Keep it. My 23 year old TORO has had problems
with the ethanol. It disolved the rubber O-ring in the carborator and I
fixed it. It still isn't running just right. The carborator had green mold
in it from the ethanol.

PLEASE...Put a photo of the Gilson up.

In December I bought a nice AIRENS snow blower. It has a 10hp Subaru motor
and it's very rugged. It was actually made in the United States. I think the
motor was probably made in China.

I hope you enjoy this.
http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowbl...tml#COLLECTION

I think I had about 30 inches of snow this year. Last yer we got 100" and
the prior year 120" plus. That was a tough winter. I have a few patches of
snow in back yard.

Thanks Lee. I like the lens a lot. It's heavy and I haven't used a tripod
with it, just the monopod. It's nice to get shots of boats way out. I've
always wanted to get a shot of Ram Island Light.

Mark

[IMG] code is On

Warping In--British Ship Ardramurchan at Port Blakely, Washington, 1903_Chistopher Blossom_sqs Warping In__British Ship Ardramurchan at Port Blakely, Washington, 1903_Christopher Blossom, 2000_sqs.jpg [1/2] joevan[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 1 August 11th 09 04:43 AM
Warping In--British Ship Ardramurchan at Port Blakely, Washington, 1903_Chistopher Blossom_sqs Warping In__British Ship Ardramurchan at Port Blakely, Washington, 1903_Christopher Blossom, 2000_sqs.jpg [1/2] joevan[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 0 August 10th 09 09:55 PM
not a tall ship.. but does anyone recognise this 1940s ship? (link in message) Boyd Tall Ship Photos 2 April 2nd 07 05:25 PM
Save our Ship Joe ASA 16 September 17th 06 10:15 PM
How to ship a boat J.B. Bobbitt Power Boat Racing 1 September 14th 04 08:02 PM