Default Allison Eva

Cascop Bay, Maine

Attached Thumbnails
Allison Eva-img_7339.jpg

What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

I believe it keeps her into the wind when they haul traps.

I've been taking photos of lobster boats for several years from Spring Point
Light. This is the first time I've seen the sail out and I saw it on two
boats.

GO FIGURE

Mark

"Andre Blanchard" wrote in message
What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:42:57 -0500, "Andre Blanchard"
wrote:

What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

It is fixed and keeps the boat heading into the wind.