BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Allison Eva (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/112930-allison-eva.html)

MWB[_2_] January 10th 10 03:39 AM

Allison Eva

1 Attachment(s)
Cascop Bay, Maine

Andre Blanchard January 13th 10 01:42 AM

Allison Eva

What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

MWB[_2_] January 13th 10 06:05 AM

Allison Eva

I believe it keeps her into the wind when they haul traps.

I've been taking photos of lobster boats for several years from Spring Point
Light. This is the first time I've seen the sail out and I saw it on two
boats.

GO FIGURE

Mark

"Andre Blanchard" wrote in message
What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

joevan[_3_] January 13th 10 01:48 PM

Allison Eva

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:42:57 -0500, "Andre Blanchard"
wrote:

What is the purpose of that aft sail? Is it for identification purposes?

"MWB" wrote in message
Cascop Bay, Maine

It is fixed and keeps the boat heading into the wind.