JGK

Default Miss Budwiser

Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

Rusty

"JGK" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

Budweiser is pulling it's sponsorship from the boat as well as the series and
several of the races, AFTER this upcoming season.

It also appears that Joe Little (Bernie's son) doesn't plan to race teh boat
afer Budweiser pulls out.

On another Budweiser note......the MIss Bud just shattered the propeller water
speed record. This is on the Hydro-Prop website today....Note the last
sentence about the "final season".

OROVILLE, Calif. - Dave Villwock and the Miss Budweiser team shattered the
kilometer (Kilo) World Speed Record by 22.323 mph for an Unlimited Hydroplane
boat Sunday on the Thermilito Afterbay, setting a new world record of 220.493
mph for a kilometer run, unseating the previous record of 198.17 mph which had
stood for 42 years.

The team made history just shortly after 8:30 a.m. PT, as Villwock piloted the
Miss Budweiser on the first leg of the run to an average speed of 213.437 mph
and to an average speed of 227.550 mph on the return leg, resulting in the new
world record of 220.493 mph. Villwock peaked the Miss Budweiser on the return
leg at a top speed of 229 mph before the boatıs rudder and propeller failed,
leaving the Miss Budweiser damaged and dead in the water.

"Dave Villwock is lucky to be standing back on shore," said Joe Little,
president of Hydroplanes, Inc., owner of the Miss Budweiser. "Losing a
propeller and the rudder at 227 mph is an extremely serious problem."

Driver Dave Villwock said, "I'm glad I cleared the timing run, setting the
record before the equipment failed. The team had worked extremely hard over
the last couple of months preparing the boat for the run, working to put every
variable on our side, but at 229 mph, we're putting all of the equipment at
the extreme ragged edge and with the damage to the boat, weıd of had a hard
time trying to make another run this weekend if we wouldnıt have set the
record."

The previous record of 198.17 mph was set in 1962 by Roy Duby in the Miss U.S.
I, in Guntersville, Ala., the same year that the late Bernie Little began his
foray into Unlimited Hydroplane racing that would eventually produce the most
successful team in the history of the sport.

"Our goal today was to set a new record that would stand for more than 42
years and I believe we did that," Joe Little said. "Dave and the team did an
outstanding job as they always do. This is one team that has broken a lot of
records over the years and Iım thrilled that everyone is safe and that we
could add one more record into the pages of history as we begin our final
season of competition."

Miss Budweiser JGK General 5 March 7th 04 05:59 PM
OT--Faithfulness to obligations, duties, or observances. NOYB General 15 February 17th 04 03:11 PM
Looking for Gary Zwissler (M/V Miss Rebecca) - Jack Tar Marco A. Garcia Boat Building 3 October 23rd 03 09:02 AM