JGK

Default Miss Budweiser

Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:03:54 -0500, "JGK"
wrote:

Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

I heard the same thing about a month or so ago. The site has been
down for a while, so maybe it's true.

I know they are putting a lot of money into NASCAR, BUSCH and other
motor racing series. Maybe the Unlimited Hydro's aren't producing
enough bang for the buck.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

Backyard Renegade

"JGK" wrote in message ...
Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

I saw this on a stock program, don't remember which one but apparently
it is true. Too bad for hydro racing, kinda' like NASCAR losing
Earnhardt. Sorry to all you hydro fans.
Scotty
UglyDan®©™

When Bernie Little died, so did the sponsorship, end of an era. UD

Keith & Laura Koether

Nothing on the Hydroprop web site.

http://www.hydroprop.com/

They're still advertising the Budweiser Unlimited Hydroplane Series. They
are usually pretty quick about posting these kind of things.

--
Keith & Laura Koether
Pleasure Island

"JGK" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry if I missed it , but I heard in another newsgroup that Budweiser
pulled their sponsorship from the Miss Budweiser, I was just try to verify
this to see if it was true. Checked the Miss Bud website but they were
down. Any truth to this?

Ed Barchetta

Yep, they were on the local (Seattle) news sources last week reporting it. I
grew up with the hydros and will thoroughly miss rooting for any other boat
to beat the Miss Bud. Although I will admit to being a Bud fan back when the
pistons were in and the boats were more evenly matched. I can still hear Pat
O'Day: "the Bud and the Pac are deck to deck coming into the log boom turn".
Maybe this is a good thing and we'll have those exciting races again.

Ed

. ..