14-H

Default Dayton Success

Seven records were set at the Dayton Record Runs-Great American
Outboard Race this year and I'll have details later. However, I'd like
to thank all of the many volunteers who made this year's event such a
smashing success, especially all of the racers who participated. We
had a very successful Awards Ceremony and trophy presentation on
Saturday evening. Winners of the Dayton special awards are as follows:

Joanne Ellis Memorial "Fast Lap" Award (given to the driver who breaks
an existing record by the greatest margin): Joe Zolkoske of Region 7
for a 5.5 mph increase in the 25MH record.

Harry O'Brien High Point Award (given to the driver who garners the
most points during racing): Tom Kargus of Region 7.

It was a Zolkar/Karzol sweep!

Thank-you all again for such a great event. Next year will be bigger
and better. We will sort out the 1/2 mile record course and we are
also working with Surveyor Sutherland to consider a new one-mile
course and/or the 1-1/4 mile course. 14-H.