Matthew Barrett

Default Offshore and Unlimited Hydro's not the only boats on TV!

This was posted on APRSuperleage.com

Superleague Races to be Featured
On Pro-Active Projects TV Program "Raceworld"

In a joint release, Pro-Active Projects and Powerboat
Superleague have announced the inclusion of the Superleague circuit races in
the new television program Raceworld. Aired on the Fox Sports World
channel, the show can been seen weekly on Thursdays at 6:00 pm Eastern Time
with a repeat the following Monday at 11:00 pm.

"It's an exciting opportunity for us. We are already a part of
Pro-Active's number one rated Watersports program - Watersports World; being
featured on the new show will increase our potential to attract new fans and
perhaps additional sponsorship." Stated Sherron Winer, Superleague partner.
"Alan, Tommasina, their talented group of videographers and studio producers
have earned their reputation with solid, professional programs that have
staying power. Their original show has been on the air for 12 years and
they have covered the globe, televising the sports spectrum from extreme to
moderate in the quest to present the best and the unique to their audiences
around the world. Their trust in us, in our circuit, and with our teams and
sites really means that they consider us as having entertainment value - a
key issue when deciding what to include in any given television show."

According to Pro-Active owner, Alan Morton, "We've been building
audiences within the global television sports community for over a decade
with Watersports World. Demographics compiled and released from our
satellite and network outlets indicate that homes watching the program
(referred to as HUT levels) has been steadily increasing. It is now the
world's biggest watersports program - seen in more than 80 countries, and it
continues to grow. We felt that the time was right to develop and produce a
companion piece. With their reputation for exciting racing, a loyal
following and interesting venues, including the Superleague circuit was on
our list of priorities."

The new program has started well, demographic information released
from Fox sports shows that Raceworld currently pulls 18 million homes across
the United States with each viewing, reaching a slightly older audience
(similar to CART). Combining the two programs, the potential audience reach
for Superleague will be in excess of 150 million homes in the United
States - viewers in the adult (18-65 age group), primarily male niche/motor
sport category. Superleague expects that the 2003 season will be featured
sometime starting in the late fall - an excellent time since more fans are
at home and available to watch the show.

For additional racing information and television times as they
are posted, visit Powerboat Superleague through their web site at
APRsuperleague.com.

-end

Inigo Montoya

Check out Outdoor Channel's "Speed Zone" (NOT Outdoor Life Network, e.g.,
OLN) on Wednesday nights, 11:00pm Eastern / 8:00pm Pacific time and Fridays
at 11:30am Eastern / 8:30am Pacific.
They run Offshore (great lakes / west coast), drags, endurance, inboards,
and outboards.

Last night was from Parker, AZ

See: http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ for schedule

"Matthew Barrett" wrote in message
[...]

BigIrishDick4U

Matt,
I read in here that you are a pit hand? If most racers got involved as much as
you do as a team member this sport would grow an unbelievable amount! I always
appreciate your updates.
BID