BoatBanter.com

-   -   Dems owe me (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99826-dems-owe-me.html)

[email protected] November 6th 08 03:14 PM

Dems owe me

On Nov 6, 9:30 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews:ofj5h41uc5ji8khccpgaa15ti22hkli31t@4ax .com...

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:34:01 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

So, my retirement fund loses $80,000 due to Dem Chris Dodd of the
banking comitttee and Barney Frank and the other dems who refused to
take action in 2005 when they were warned their actions were
endangering the economy

No - you lost $85,000 because you were stupid enough to keep your
funds in whatever type of account you had it in.

He hasn't "lost" anything unless he bailed.
Better to sit it out.

Eisboch

Only to a point. Last April I bailed off the US markets but keep to much
in the foreign markets. I had the right idea, but underestimated the
depth of this one. Still, not hurting as bad as many.

I don't see a domestic buying opportunity, I suspect this depression of
stocks is going to be with us for some time to come.

You might want to read this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/arti...einvest/118916

Eisboch

I do not expect the real value of the market to significantly increase
in the next 4 years because the crooks who caused the problem are now
firmly entrenched in congress and nobody in their right mind would
invest in mutual funds, etc under that condition. Specific stocks may
go up but funds that are arranged to minimize risk will not.
Furthermore, I have realized that a traditional IRA is not a good deal
for me because I expect to still be working at age 70 and to still be
in a high tax bracket so there is no tax savings at all.

Jim November 6th 08 03:35 PM

Dems owe me

wrote:
On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:10:06 GMT, JohnH wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:16:57 -0500,
wrote:

Just think what a Democratic Administration might accomplish if it
didn't have to expend all it's time and energy correcting Republican
messes.

Getting in your excuses early?

Stick with what's on your pedo mind.

You snipped a lot of what I wrote because you know its the truth, and
your position is unsupportable.

Here is my post again in its entirety:

When the last Democratic President took office there was what was
considered an insurmountable deficit. Wghen he left office, eight
years later, he handed over a country that had a surplus, to a
Republican President. What';s the current deficit or surplus after 8
years of Republicans? Don't worry, the Democrats will fix your massive
screw ups AGAIN. Just bear in muind that they cant fix yuoru 8 years
of hard work in the wrong direction, overnight. We may need to
maintain Democratic control for the next 30 years or so to make sure
you don't go stupid on us again.

Just think what a Democratic Administration might accomplish if it
didn't have to expend all it's time and energy correcting Republican
messes. We might be in a much better position in so many areas that
they can't even get to.

We'd probably still be the world leader in manufacturing, and be
admired and respected around the world.

Toyota would being trying to emulate Chrysler, and Michigan would be
swamped with work and not enough workers to fill all the positions.

Your thoughts mimic Krause's. Are you related?

Unions, regulation, taxes, un-motivated, expensive, work forces, greed
and corruption. Killed our industrial complex. Granted, there were
republicans and democrats who were involved.

Jim November 6th 08 04:02 PM

Dems owe me

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Now there's a strong rebuttal!

Unions, regulation, taxes, un-motivated, expensive, work forces, greed
and corruption. Killed our industrial complex. Granted, there were
republicans and democrats who were involved.

So, you can't directly address what I said, either, without admitting
that it's true. Got it!

Why bother. You are just regurgitating crap that Harry has been
drooling. It's not democrat vs republican that's the problem. It's
liberal vs conservative that can't settle on a happy medium. Everyone
wants to satisfy their own needs and wants. Nobody gives a **** about
"Country".
Forget the "got it". It makes you sound like the asshole JimH.

Eisboch November 6th 08 04:04 PM

Dems owe me

wrote in message

[...]

I no longer participate in political discussions. If I did, I would
probably suggest that most financial experts
consider Clinton's "balanced budget" to be nothing more than the result of
some v e rrrrr y creative accounting.

The deficit actually increased. Spending per the budget *was* getting under
better control, but Clinton really can't take the credit, although he still
tries to this day. You can actually thank Ronald Regan and a Republican
controlled Congress, as hard as that may be for some to accept.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6107

But, it doesn't matter because I don't get involved in political
discussions.

Eisboch

Jim November 6th 08 04:07 PM

Dems owe me

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

You show such great restraint. ;-)

Eisboch November 6th 08 04:09 PM

Dems owe me

"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Oh, I am expecting a scolding at any moment now.

Eisboch

JohnH[_3_] November 6th 08 04:15 PM

Dems owe me

wrote:

Just think what a Democratic Administration might accomplish if it
didn't have to expend all it's time and energy correcting Republican
messes.

Getting in your excuses early?

Stick with what's on your pedo mind.

You snipped a lot of what I wrote because you know its the truth, and
your position is unsupportable.

I snipped what you wrote because your mind is in a pedophile gutter.
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

Don White November 6th 08 04:20 PM

Dems owe me

"Jim" wrote in message
snip...
Unions, regulation, taxes, un-motivated, expensive, work forces, greed and
corruption. Killed our industrial complex. Granted, there were republicans
and democrats who were involved.

Unions?? Only a small fraction of the US workforce is unionized, yet clowns
like you still blame them for your situation.
Wake up & blame the greedy *******s who run the companies.

Jim November 6th 08 04:22 PM

Dems owe me

Eisboch wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Remain unprovoked. :-)

Jim November 6th 08 04:27 PM

Dems owe me

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You clearly have issues that go far beyond the scope of this usenet
newsgroup.

Everyone has issues. Yours would probably make you susceptible to felony
charges.