Default SW Tom - Take a gander

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

"Boater" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

PHILOSOPHY

Only after 250X magnification in Paint Shop Pro. After knowing what is was
I could make it out at 100X.

"Boater" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

What windows?

Eisboch

D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

PHILOSOPHY

Only after 250X magnification in Paint Shop Pro. After knowing what is was
I could make it out at 100X.

Hmmm. There actually are three words there, which I can see clearly at
80%. Most likely due to differences in software and perhaps video cards
and monitors? Your guess?

In any event, the lens seems pretty sharp to me. At 80%, even the mortar
joints look pretty good. Here's some rooftiles on a different building
but at the same distance (lens at 75mm, f/10):

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/9c7dc4d5.jpg

"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/29737c6c.jpg

This was shot handheld, no "VR," at 56mm, f9 at 1/200th from a
considerable distance, and cropped. See if you can read the words just
below the center top row of windows...

Relatively inexpensive lens, too.

PHILOSOPHY

Only after 250X magnification in Paint Shop Pro. After knowing what is
was I could make it out at 100X.

Hmmm. There actually are three words there, which I can see clearly at
80%. Most likely due to differences in software and perhaps video cards
and monitors? Your guess?

In any event, the lens seems pretty sharp to me. At 80%, even the mortar
joints look pretty good. Here's some rooftiles on a different building
but at the same distance (lens at 75mm, f/10):

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/9c7dc4d5.jpg

Did you do your building viewing before jpeg compression? What was the file
size and what format?

D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

No, I shot the photo and viewed it in jpeg. Before I cropped it, the
file size was about 4200 x 2800

"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

File size in kilobytes..The version on PhotoBucket is 900K