Default Damn, it's cold

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:12:49 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Had the wood stove running this evening.

WTF happened to Global Warming?

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:18:55 -0500, Jim wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Oh come on. Tell us all about it.

Oh - I get it - it wasn't about the cold - it was about a new boat.

Damn - I can be slow sometimes.

Then again, I was a Marine. (Thought I'd say it before any of the
Squids in here did.)

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:33:39 +0000, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

WTF happened to Global Warming?

It will be here Tuesday. Should be in the mid-sixties.

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:33:39 +0000, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

Had the wood stove running this evening.

WTF happened to Global Warming?

Shouldn't you be watching the Patriots-Colts game? It's tied in the
fourth quarter.

On Nov 2, 5:12*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. *And it's only November second. *Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Eisboch

Nah, not old, wise. I've never ever liked the cold.

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 3, 7:22*am, wrote:
On Nov 2, 5:12*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. *And it's only November second. *Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Eisboch

Nah, not old, wise. I've never ever liked the cold.

I really don't mid the winter weather. Well, as long as it's not 20-
with 35 mph winds.

It's the short days.

I don't like the short days.....

Tim wrote:

On Nov 2, 5:12 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Must be getting old.
39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.
Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.
Eisboch

I really don't mid the winter weather. Well, as long as it's not 20-
with 35 mph winds.

It's the short days.

I don't like the short days.....

I used to love winters in Connecticut. Really. I lived about four blocks
from my grammar school, and about six blocks from my junior high, so
getting to school was never a problem. I only recall a couple of snow
days during all my years in New Haven. After school, we used to go
ice-skating - outdoors. And sledding. We lived a few blocks away from a
nice, hilly golf course that provided great sledding opporunities. Great
fun. I remember some cold days, but I don't remember them bothering me much.

The coldest I've ever *felt* was one week in Grand Rapids, Michigan,
when I was attending the state Democratic convention. Beautiful blue
skies, unbelievable cold. North west wind coming off Lake Michigan.

It was even colder the week I spent in Thunder Bay, Ontario, but...for
some reason it didn't feel that cold. I have no explanation for that.

I don't much like the *real* cold these days, and fortunately we don't
get a lot of it here in southern Maryland. Temps in the 20's are okay
with me.

Actually, I enjoy the seasonality. When we lived in Florida, I was bored
by the "winters."

Damn! Anyone want to buy... HK General 10 June 9th 07 02:15 AM
DAMN!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 September 18th 03 11:09 AM
Damn!!!! Bobsprit ASA 18 July 15th 03 11:03 PM