Default Damn, it's cold

Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Eisboch

Oh come on. Tell us all about it.

Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Eisboch

I'm scheduled to be up in Boston later this week...and out on some
commercial construction sites. I'm hoping for temps at least in the
50's. I don't want to bring anything heavier than my "light" winter
coat. Downside is that I have to fly up and back rather than take the
Acela. The trip is quite pleasant on the train.

And then I have a trip being scheduled tentatively for December or
January for Minneapolis. Construction sites. Not looking forward to
being outdoors there in the middle of winter.

Which new boat did you get this time? :)

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone
piercing cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new
boat that I got today.

Eisboch

I'm scheduled to be up in Boston later this week...and out on some
commercial construction sites. I'm hoping for temps at least in the
50's. I don't want to bring anything heavier than my "light" winter
coat. Downside is that I have to fly up and back rather than take the
Acela. The trip is quite pleasant on the train.

I hope it rains.

And then I have a trip being scheduled tentatively for December or
January for Minneapolis. Construction sites. Not looking forward to
being outdoors there in the middle of winter.

I hope it rains more.

Which new boat did you get this time? :)

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 2, 4:55*pm, BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

mod 70's here. maybe rain Thursday Local gas is $2:14!

On Nov 2, 6:02*pm, Tim wrote:

mod 70's here. maybe rain Thursday *Local gas is $2:14!

$1.86 at a local station today. ;-)

We are expected to be in the high 60's to low 70's for most of the
week. A nice window to get some outdoor pre-winterization chores
completed.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:18:55 -0500, Jim wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Must be getting old.

39 degrees, but the humidity is fairly high, producing that bone piercing
cold that permeates every coat, hat, sweater that you wear.

Oh come on. Tell us all about it.

In Iowa, far from the moderating influence of the sea, we occasionally
get more than a week of temperatures below 0 F. _That_ is bone
chilling cold. The cold air comes from central Canada at high speed
and doesn't warm up much on the way.

Get a down parka. It doesn't have to be subzero to wear the subzero
coat. Mine cost five bucks, new, at Goodwill. Still had the snap on
hood with it. Get a kilt but don't wear it. Hang it on the wall and
look at it, and tell yourself it could be worse.

Winter indeed sucks. I am 61, and yes, it gets worse as you get older.

Casady

Tim wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:55 pm, BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

I hope you get a flat tire.

JimH wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:02 pm, Tim wrote:

mod 70's here. maybe rain Thursday Local gas is $2:14!

$1.86 at a local station today. ;-)

We are expected to be in the high 60's to low 70's for most of the
week. A nice window to get some outdoor pre-winterization chores
completed.

I hope you get two flat tires.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:12:49 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Winters suck. And it's only November second. Can't even enjoy my new boat
that I got today.

Yes.

So what did you get ?

Damn! Anyone want to buy... HK General 10 June 9th 07 02:15 AM
DAMN!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 September 18th 03 11:09 AM
Damn!!!! Bobsprit ASA 18 July 15th 03 11:03 PM