Tim Tim is offline

Default HA! AOL is going to quit photo hosting

On Oct 30, 7:38*am, wrote:
On Oct 30, 2:01*am, Tim wrote:

On Oct 30, 1:03*am, wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:24:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

When I realized there was some REAL ISP's and AOL wasn't it, it took
me forEVER to fire them. They will offer you months of free service,
anything to keep you and make it very hard to quit them.- Hide quoted text -

I know. When they came up witht heir "free ediotion" the wife and I
signed up on it, and refused any more payments from her credit card,
just to make sure they still didn't try to tap the funds. So far, so
good.

I still get tickled when I go to the grocery store, and there's tubs
full of AOL software cd's. (get an AOL acct, and get 100 hr's free)
Hoping they'll snag you and you'll love 'em so much you won't want to
cancel because you didn't know how you could have lived without 'em!

crock!
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 30, 10:40*am, Bud wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:27:03 -0500, wrote:
For about what AOL charges you can have your own web site.

I am currently buying/operating the site for our whole community and
it is only $39 a month. That is 400 gig of FTP space 400 mailboxes,
SQL support and a bunch of stuff we probably will never use. We are
thinking about cutting this in half.

For about $60/year you can have your own domain and website at
GoDaddy.com

Those of you who have long term AOL e-mail addresses; you can cancel
your AOL account but keep your e-mail for free, in fact I haven't
really used AOL in years and found out that they were holding my
access for me for free........as long as I access it thru my own DSL
account. I don't know how or why but I can access all of AOL and it's
free.
HTH.

Same way with me, Bud. I got a hold of a local ISP which is really
pretty fast, and that's when AOL and I parted ways. I still have all
access to AOL (as if i cared to)

I don't access AOL very often, because it usually drags and is slow,
and they have to occasionally erase their overload of "artwork"

I suppose AOL was ok in the dial up days, but they didn't have very
many local access points, and their system was usually clogged by
overselling accounts. it took forever to download some minor stuff,
and if somebody sent you a link to a website, it could knock you
offline. plus they had time limits on how long you could be online.

unless they can come up with something magic, I wouldn't doubt if in a
year or so they didn't head down the tooooobz
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 30, 5:47*am, Boater wrote:

Americans on line - the worst thing that ever happened to the internet. *:)- Hide quoted text -

Well, Harry,you consider yourself to be an "American" and you're
"online"

C'mon man, don't beat up on yourself like that...

?: ^ )

wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:49:42 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:27:03 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:34:58 -0400, Boater
wrote:

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.
I can host pictures at Trip-Reports.com for anyone here who follows
family type rules..

Because of spam issues if you apply for a login via the site, you must
follow up with an email telling what user name you signed in as, and who
you are.. at least what your handle is here, I do not require personal
ID. Just want to look at your posting history. Political views will not
be a criteria, only that you are not a spammer..

Scotty

photobucket...easy, fast, cheap, no justwaitaloogy temper tantrums.
`
For about what AOL charges you can have your own web site.

I am currently buying/operating the site for our whole community and
it is only $39 a month. That is 400 gig of FTP space 400 mailboxes,
SQL support and a bunch of stuff we probably will never use. We are
thinking about cutting this in half.

You are paying WAY too much.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti..._hdr=&ci=13453

Looks like you could get substantially MORE for $15 a month

Yup, I inherited this from the board member who set it up. Go daddy
was one of the companies I am looking at

You can host here http://www.idesigns.net
24 hr tech support, real people etc..

Talk to Terri, she will set you right up.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:45:45 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"

Yup, I inherited this from the board member who set it up. Go daddy
was one of the companies I am looking at

You can host here http://www.idesigns.net
24 hr tech support, real people etc..

Talk to Terri, she will set you right up.

That's the same "Terri" who cant figure out how to covert video files,
who will be your "24 hour tech support".

wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:45:45 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"

Yup, I inherited this from the board member who set it up. Go daddy
was one of the companies I am looking at

You can host here
http://www.idesigns.net
24 hr tech support, real people etc..

Talk to Terri, she will set you right up.

That's the same "Terri" who cant figure out how to covert video files,
who will be your "24 hour tech support".

And fit your toddlers to the proper motorcycle, of course.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:45:45 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"

Yup, I inherited this from the board member who set it up. Go daddy
was one of the companies I am looking at
You can host here
http://www.idesigns.net
24 hr tech support, real people etc..

Talk to Terri, she will set you right up.

That's the same "Terri" who cant figure out how to covert video files,
who will be your "24 hour tech support".

And fit your toddlers to the proper motorcycle, of course.

So Harry, tell us about your new iron horse. Did you order the Ural?
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 31, 6:08*am, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:45:45 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"

Yup, I inherited this from the board member who set it up. Go daddy
was one of the companies I am looking at
You can host herehttp://www.idesigns.net
24 hr tech support, real people etc..

Talk to Terri, she will set you right up.

That's the same "Terri" who cant figure out how to covert video files,
who will be your "24 hour tech support".

And fit your toddlers to the proper motorcycle, of course.

So Harry, tell us about your new iron horse. Did you order the Ural?

A Ural?

you mean one of those crudely made Russian copies of a 1936 BMW that
was captured in ww2 ?

Obama to quit [email protected] General 4 September 6th 08 02:05 PM
Did he quit or not? Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 10th 08 02:21 PM
Tom, quit dinking around! Tim General 4 April 21st 08 06:18 PM
OT Quit Criticizing BushCo [email protected] General 4 September 10th 05 01:18 PM
So Jon...Did she quit? Joe ASA 3 September 28th 04 03:39 AM