Tim Tim is offline

Default HA! AOL is going to quit photo hosting

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The good news is that AOL has partnered with American Greetings®
PhotoWorks® to enable continued access to your pictures through the
PhotoWorks service. PhotoWorks provides unlimited free storage, just
like AOL Pictures, as well as a variety of options for making
creations and sharing your photos. You can access your images on
PhotoWorks simply by providing your screen name and password to
register for a free American Greetings PhotoWorks account. Register
for PhotoWorks now.

While we recommend the American Greetings PhotoWorks option, you may
also:

* Download your photos to your computer using a new tool that will
enable you to quickly save multiple images and albums; or
* Purchase a DVD archive of your images. Please note there is a
charge for the DVD archive based on the number of images you select.

It is important that you take action no later than December 31, 2008.
After this date, you will no longer be able to access your images
through AOL Pictures. You may choose from or combine any of the
options listed above, based on your needs, as long as you do so by
December 31.

Please go to AOL Pictures as soon as possible to register for American
Greetings PhotoWorks for continued access to your pictures or to save
your images on your computer or to DVD. Here, you will also find more
information and step-by-step instructions on each of the available
choices.

We sincerely appreciate your being an AOL Pictures user. It has been
our pleasure to provide you with an enjoyable online photo experience.

Sincerely,

The AOL Pictures Team

A fe years ago, they quit hosting newsgroups, so that's when I went
with google, now it seems like their cutting out their lame photo
hosting.

From people I know who have used AOL for pic hosting, i don't know of
any who were satisfied, and went with Photobucket, or somebody else.

I'm suprised AOL hasn't tanked already.

Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 30, 1:03*am, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:24:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

Somehow, that figures.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:24:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

AOL is still in business?

No...

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:
Dear AOL Pictures User:
We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

Somehow, that figures.

Americans on line - the worst thing that ever happened to the internet. :)

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

Somehow, that figures.

Well, yes, Tom. I've ket the account around and have rarely used it. I
still get ebay notices on it, and AOL has tried to clean up
considerably, but their still in failure mode.

I'll say this, when I first got in the internet in '97 I was dumb as a
box of rocks, and am very little smarter now.

And to their credit AOL was helpful. The I realized there were other
options out there.

So...

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.

me too!. I've been with them since '97

When I realized there was some REAL ISP's and AOL wasn't it, it took
me forEVER to fire them. They will offer you months of free service,
anything to keep you and make it very hard to quit them.

wrote:

I just got this on my AOL acct:
Dear AOL Pictures User:
We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no
longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
They are also dropping FTP support (web sites)

I guess I will have a different Email address soon. I have had this
one for about 15 years.
me too!. I've been with them since '97

Somehow, that figures.

Americans on line - the worst thing that ever happened to the internet. *:)- Hide quoted text -

Yes, because of you.

Obama to quit [email protected] General 4 September 6th 08 02:05 PM
Did he quit or not? Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 10th 08 02:21 PM
Tom, quit dinking around! Tim General 4 April 21st 08 06:18 PM
OT Quit Criticizing BushCo [email protected] General 4 September 10th 05 01:18 PM
So Jon...Did she quit? Joe ASA 3 September 28th 04 03:39 AM