Default Another Apple Encounter...

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:37:55 -0400, Boater
wrote:

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

I've got to admit - I'm seriously thinking about Apple and getting a
MAC.

Not sure what kind yet though. I'm kinda leaning towards a laptop.

wrote:

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

I've got to admit - I'm seriously thinking about Apple and getting a
MAC.

Not sure what kind yet though. I'm kinda leaning towards a laptop.

Ergonomically, the Macbook Pros are a little slicker than the Macbooks.
The price difference won't matter to you. I got the 15" screen model
because I actually do lug the thing around to various meetings. If I
were just using it at an office, I would get the 17" screen model. It
takes a bit of getting used to to switch back and forth between Macs and
Windoze machines, and some of the really basic things you can do with a
Windoze machine are really a pain in the ass on a Mac, but all-in-all, I
now prefer the Macs to Windoze machines. What few Windozes apps I
absolutely have to have on my Mac I run through an emulator, and they
work just fine. Most notable among these: Wordperfect for Windows.

If you have any usage questions, give me a call.

HK

"Boater" wrote in message
Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

My oldest son came home to visit for Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago.
He was supporting a new Apple laptop. A year ago he bought a new laptop
with Vista installed....that turned him over to Apple.
Seems wasteful, I come from the school where you wear things out before
replacing them.
Kids...what are ya gonna do?

BTW they have an Apple store in Vancouver...not sure here in Halifax.
There's a place called 'The Halifax Mac Store'.
I'll have to check it out. http://www.halifaxmacstore.ca/

Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

That'll teach you to stop squeezing pustules onto the keyboard. Try
wrapping your keyboard with saran wrap.

wrote:

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

I've got to admit - I'm seriously thinking about Apple and getting a
MAC.

Not sure what kind yet though. I'm kinda leaning towards a laptop.

At least Macs run a real OS now. No more of the MacOS bombs followed by
a On/Off reset.

wrote:

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

I've got to admit - I'm seriously thinking about Apple and getting a
MAC.

Not sure what kind yet though. *I'm kinda leaning towards a laptop.

9/10 of the app I use on a PC aren't available for mac, or just don't
do the job on a mac.

On Oct 24, 8:27*am, "Don White" wrote:

[...]

Quit, Harry and JimH love Vista, remember?

wrote:

Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod phones
while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

I've got to admit - I'm seriously thinking about Apple and getting a
MAC.

Not sure what kind yet though. I'm kinda leaning towards a laptop.

9/10 of the app I use on a PC aren't available for mac, or just don't
do the job on a mac.
==============================

Have you tried a Windows emulator?

jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Well, I trashed the keyboard on my Apple laptop. Don't ask.

Anyway, I took the poor baby up to the Apple store and voila! While I
waited, they replaced the keyboard with a new one, no charge.

:)

There was no phone cue at the store, everyone there spoke English, and
some really good-looking geekbabes came in to buy ipods and ipod
phones while I was there.

Now, if only I could sell my year-old hotrod desktop windows machine...!

That'll teach you to stop squeezing pustules onto the keyboard. Try
wrapping your keyboard with saran wrap.

No one here competes with Florida Jim for "classiness."

Ferry encounter Roger Long Cruising 54 July 7th 06 03:28 AM
My Great Encounter with Hawaiian Tropic Babes Starbuck's Words of Wisdom General 81 October 8th 05 09:03 PM
My Great Encounter with Hawaiian Tropic Babes ~^ beancounter ~^ General 4 October 7th 05 03:18 AM
My Great Encounter with Hawaiian Tropic Babes Tim General 0 October 5th 05 11:57 PM
Article - Encounter with the 9th Wave Fuzzy Logic ASA 1 January 30th 04 11:45 PM