Default Power your house with Scotch Tape?

Who knew?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/science/28xray.html

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
Who knew?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/science/28xray.html

I thought your body was held together with scotch tape...or was that
duct tape? Gorilla tape? Tapeworms? :)
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 24, 6:31*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
Who knew?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/science/28xray.html

I wonder how much grant money was wasted on that?

wrote:
Who knew?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/science/28xray.html

I wonder how much grant money was wasted on that?

A post that is actually in my field of expertise. You done it now and
yur gonna git a dissertayshun. Now that I think about it, it isnt too
surprising cuz of the static charges that get generated could
accelerate them electrons really well.
Ya know what else generates x-rays, cavitation around your prop. I am
serious. Remember sonoluminescence where they produced bubbles in
water with cavitation and the bubbles produced light? They tried to
make sonofusion but I dont know that status of that, kinda
controversial. Fusion requires some serious temperatures and that
means x-rays. Even at lower temps in a collapsing bubble you should
get x-rays but they would not get outta the water, wouldnt even go
more than a single millimeter. People have tried to measure the
spectrum of the light it produces and it goes all the way into the
near UV lookin like a black body spectrum which oughta continue into
the soft x-ray spectrum but the water becomes opaque in the UV region
and completely absorbing to soft x-rays.
Making soft (low energy )x-rays is tough and most sources of them are
seriously inefficient, so much so that no commercial sources exist
even though they'd be great for analyzing stuff. HOWEVER, maybe you
can make these bubbles appear and collapse at the tip of a
microcapillary, then the x-rays would go down the capillary.

wrote:
Who knew?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/science/28xray.html

I wonder how much grant money was wasted on that?

Out of grant sponsored studies come a lot of very useful information.
We have a space program that some would perceive as wasteful spending,
but it has led to a lot of useful info and products.

Kevlar tape? Eiron UK Paddle 2 October 12th 06 02:48 PM
just now, go call a tape Inspector Julie W. la Macchia ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:59 AM
just now, go move a tape Fat Fathead ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:44 AM
Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power Zeki Gunay Electronics 1 August 7th 03 05:24 PM