Default Drinkin the Kool Aide (gator aide)

For my cavin trip, instead of taking water, I took gatoraide and it
seemed to help. I sweat like crazy in that humidity but felt ok.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 13, 8:00*pm, wrote:
For my cavin trip, instead of taking water, I took gatoraide and it
seemed to help. *I sweat like crazy in that humidity but felt ok.

One thing about Gatorade is it does put minerals back in you that
isn't normally supplied by water.

One thing in the Philippine jungles is that even if the temp was about
73-75 degrees, it was easy to dehydrate, because the humidity was so
high and no air moving. your cloths were saturated, and the next day
your shirt would have white salt streaks in it.

I believe that dehydration was actually the demise of the majority of
victims on the Bataaan death march.

You got so weak from dehydration, that you stumbled, then were either
beaten to death or just plain shot..or both.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:10:47 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Oct 13, 8:00*pm, wrote:
For my cavin trip, instead of taking water, I took gatoraide and it
seemed to help. *I sweat like crazy in that humidity but felt ok.

One thing about Gatorade is it does put minerals back in you that
isn't normally supplied by water.

One thing in the Philippine jungles is that even if the temp was about
73-75 degrees, it was easy to dehydrate, because the humidity was so
high and no air moving. your cloths were saturated, and the next day
your shirt would have white salt streaks in it.

I believe that dehydration was actually the demise of the majority of
victims on the Bataaan death march.

You got so weak from dehydration, that you stumbled, then were either
beaten to death or just plain shot..or both.

When I walk a round of golf, I'll drink from two to six liters, depending
on the heat. I won't pay the money golf courses charge for water though. Or
gatoraide.
--

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

..

On Oct 13, 10:10*pm, Tim wrote:
On Oct 13, 8:00*pm, wrote:

For my cavin trip, instead of taking water, I took gatoraide and it
seemed to help. *I sweat like crazy in that humidity but felt ok.

One thing about Gatorade is it does put minerals back in you that
isn't normally supplied by water.

One thing in the Philippine jungles is that even if the temp was about
73-75 degrees, it was easy to dehydrate, because the humidity was so
high and no air moving. your cloths were saturated, and the next day
your shirt would have white salt streaks in it.

I believe that dehydration was actually the demise of the majority of
victims on the Bataaan death march.

You got so weak from dehydration, that you stumbled, then were either
beaten to death or just plain shot..or both.

It's kind of a complex thing. For a given temperature, you'd
theoretically sweat the same amount regardless of humidity. BUT, in
low humidity, the sweat evaporates at a greater rate, cooling the body
better. Thus, in high humidity, the lack of evaporation makes the body
sweat more trying to cool itself.

On Oct 14, 1:45 pm, wrote:
On Oct 13, 10:10 pm, Tim wrote:

On Oct 13, 8:00 pm, wrote:

[...]

loogy, agreed. I have tried to correllate the sweating with temp and
it does not work. It correllates with humidity and since caves are
very humid........Being outside in summer in Fl in summer is also high
humidity so boating can be a problem too. Basically, it seems that
having fun hurts.