Default Kool Tie

This is a must have for anyone who is boating or fishing on a really hot
day.

http://www.kooltie.com/

from their web site.

The Original Kool Tie is an attractive fabric tubular scarf which
contains polymer crystals. When soaked in water, these crystals absorb
more than 400 times their original weight (see illustration).

The Original Kool Tie cools the body through the natural process of
evaporation and never needs to be refrigerated or frozen. This cooling
effect is continuous and will last for 2-3 days before a re-soaking is
needed. This provides a more efficient & comfortable method of dealing
with hot situations than products with frozen inserts. "Freeze & wear"
type products are useful only until they melt, usually about an hour. In
addition, the extreme coldness can actually create more
discomfort--remember the headaches you got as a child when you ate ice
cream too fast?

The cooling effect of the Original Kool Tie is all natural--you need
nothing to activate it except water. The gradual release of moisture
provides the cooling effect.

These would be very cheap to make, and there are less expensive knock
off around, but I have no idea of their quality or comfort, at $10 or $5
for the knock off, both are cheap.
HK HK is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
[...]

You be sure to let us know how they work out if you ever go out for a
boat ride.

HK wrote:
[...]

I will, I plan on going up tomorrow and spend two days on the boat.
Nothing is nicer than an quiet evening on the water.

I can't figure out why it would not work exactly as described. I put it
on while I was walking the dog, and it is almost too cold, without
feeling wet at all. I figure out on the lake in the afternoon it will
be perfect. I actually think I will have to move it from my neck to
around the brim of my hat so it doesn't get too cold.

As much time as you spend boating, you should buy one of each fabric.
HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
[...]

I'm sure I've spent more time "boating" this season than you have, which
is no great accomplishment, since you don't have a boat.

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 17:28:59 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

[...]

Anything that will provide relief for menopausal hot flashes has to be well
worth the money.

Do you use one of these? Are they worth it? Where do you see the knock
offs? (Not that I would buy one, of course.) Can polymer crystals be
purchased at your local hardware store? Could these crystals be
incorporated in Jockey Shorts to stay cool all over?
--
John *H*

Here wrote:

[...]

YES
Are they worth it?

YES

Where do you see the knock
offs?

These guys sell them at $2.99, at that price if they hold up, it is not
worth making you own.

http://tinyurl.com/5u8ypv

(Not that I would buy one, of course.) Can polymer crystals be
purchased at your local hardware store?

They can be purchased any where they do gardening supplies, they go by
the brand name "Water Grabbers" or something similar.

Could these crystals be
incorporated in Jockey Shorts to stay cool all over?

Yes, but unless your name is "Horse" the shrinkage factor keeps most men
from buying the "Kool Shorts" )

I own both the shorts and the long pants, but my wife calls me "Tripod".

"John H." wrote in message

Anything that will provide relief for menopausal hot flashes has to be
well
worth the money.

Do you use one of these? Are they worth it? Where do you see the knock
offs? (Not that I would buy one, of course.) Can polymer crystals be
purchased at your local hardware store? Could these crystals be
incorporated in Jockey Shorts to stay cool all over?
--
John *H*

Good grief! Please keep your disfunctions private...as they ought to be.

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 17:51:47 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

HK wrote:
[...]

From what I can tell, you've spent far more time boating than anyone else
around here, so you must know of what you speak.

I'm ordering two of them. Thanks for the tip.
--
John *H*
HK HK is offline

Here wrote:

HK wrote:
[...]

From what I can tell, you've spent far more time boating than anyone else
around here, so you must know of what you speak.

I'm ordering two of them. Thanks for the tip.

Good grief, Herring...Reggie doesn't even own a boat.

Here wrote:

HK wrote:
[...]

From what I can tell, you've spent far more time boating than anyone else
around here, so you must know of what you speak.

I'm ordering two of them. Thanks for the tip.

Richard and Wayne spend much more time on their boat then i do.

Kool-Aid Report Joe ASA 1 March 14th 07 09:13 PM
Grape Kool-aid Joe ASA 3 March 14th 07 03:20 AM
Kool gadget Stanley Barthfarkle General 84 August 22nd 05 02:32 PM
WTB Krusin Kool marine air conditioner in OH Bob Dimond Marketplace 0 July 27th 05 10:03 PM