Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default engine dies as soon as its put in gear???

We have a pontoon boat with a new Honda 4-stroke on it. The motor idles
fine and revs in neutral but as soon as we put it in forward or reverse gear
it cuts out. Is there some special switch that is out of adjustment???

Chuck

1988 OMC Cobra Stern Drive Engine (6 cyl, 4.3 L) Starts, Dies, is Hard to Restart. frank1492 General 10 August 25th 07 11:56 PM
Engine dies. Bayman1 General 3 November 7th 05 02:53 PM
Engine dies- Putters when trying to plane- engine under under heavy load Bora Cider General 4 May 18th 04 04:12 PM
Standard 80W90 gear oil vs. Marine grade gear oil ????? D.B. General 2 April 25th 04 04:12 AM
Put into gear = Engine shuts down? Tony Thomas General 2 July 20th 03 12:19 AM