Junior Member

Default Engine dies.

I have a 1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. It has a 350 GM engine in it.I replaced the engine and am having trouble keeping it running. It starts just fine and runs fine for about 60 seconds and then just stops running. I turn the key and it starts right up and does the same thing. I rebuilt the carb and it is getting plenty of fuel, so it is not a fuel problem.
Any body have any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Ray.
Netsock

"Bayman1" wrote in message

I have a 1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. It has a 350 GM engine in it.I
replaced the engine and am having trouble keeping it running. It
starts just fine and runs fine for about 60 seconds and then just stops
running. I turn the key and it starts right up and does the same thing.
I rebuilt the carb and it is getting plenty of fuel, so it is not a
fuel problem.
Any body have any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Ray.

Too much fuel...loading up?

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

N.L. Eckert

Bayman1 wrote:
I have a 1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge. It has a 350 GM engine in it.I
replaced the engine and am having trouble keeping it running. It starts
just fine and runs fine for about 60 seconds and then just stops
running. I turn the key and it starts right up and does the same thing.
I rebuilt the carb and it is getting plenty of fuel, so it is not a fuel
problem.
Any body have any idea what might be causing this? Thanks,
Ray.
--
Bayman1
I have an '88 Ciera with the 305 GM engine, so problably close with
electical. It sounds like the same problem I had a few years ago. My
problem was in the 8 point cluster that connects all the wiring to the
engine. I took some very fine crocus cloth and rolled it in a small
tube and gently sanded all the female connections in the cluster. Then
the same to the male connectors. I also changed the 2 - 50 AMP fuses
on top of the engine. It started up fine and no more problem. I clean
these connectors up every spring and that seems to solve the problem.

Hope this helps, Norm