Tim Tim is offline

Default engine dies as soon as its put in gear???

On Sep 18, 8:16*pm, "Chuck" wrote:
We have a pontoon boat with a new Honda 4-stroke on it. *The motor idles
fine and revs in neutral but as soon as we put it in forward or reverse gear
it cuts out. *Is there some special switch that is out of adjustment???

Chuck

Could be, Chuck. I dont' knwo a thing aboutt he Hondas, but Mercruiser
has a momentary kill swith that when the lower end in engaged into
either forward or reverse, there is a momentary "kill" that shuts the
ignition down for a split second so the lower end gears can engage
easier. The Honda may have the same type set up, but I really don't
know.

Now, if you shift it quickly from idle to forward with good throttle,
does the engine still die?